New Contributor

Order suddenly becomes back-order?.

I ordered the very cute Ellen Degeneres patio table and chairs on March 25. It never shipped and on April 1, suddenly became back-order! I have nowhere to sit on my deck!!! Did anyone else encounter this ?
Super Contributor

Re: Order suddenly becomes back-order?.

Not on QVC, but I recently experienced this when placing an online order with West Elm. To add insult to injury, I was never alerted that the items were on back-order. My delivery time frame came and went, and I had to contact Customer Service to inquire about ETA. It was only then that I was informed that my items were on back order. I ended up canceling the order because West Elm was unable to give me even an approximate delivery date. "It may take months, ma'am. There's really no way of telling when you'll get the merchandise." {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

It happens every once and a while. It's rare I don't get the item.
New Contributor

Wow, Colonel Meow,that must have been really disappointing! Months??!! Hopefully my table and chairs will arrive someday;I noticed the color I ordered(blue) doesn't even seem to be available anymore.
Honored Contributor

Hi teach, I have had that happen to me twice at QVC. The orders were in process and then went to back order and both times the Q finally canceled the orders. They sent me a letter on both orders saying that they had been working with the vendors to try to obtain additional merchandise but weren't successful. I hope you're lucky and they will get more so they can fill your order.

Honored Contributor

This happened to me recently, too, but not with QVC. Like Colonel Meow, I was never notified that it was backordered. When I never got an e-mail that it shipped, I finally checked and saw that it was on backorder. Customer Service couldn't tell me when I'd receive it so I cancelled the order. It was something I really needed, too--very frustrating.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

going thru this right now on the Q.

I ordered a Ninja 4 in 1 slow cooker, placed the order 11 march, suppose to ship by 24th of march, which it did, but never got it by delivery date. when I checked the ups track number, it kept saying, ready for shipment. today still don't have my slow cooker. I did finally call the Q and asked if I could have another one sent to me, after 3 calls I did get a very kind CS rep and she ordered me a new cooker , suppose to be here by 7 april, I just checked the order status, says in transit/ I wonder if I ever will get my Ninja cooker..

Honored Contributor

This does happen occasionally. I thing it is about over selling.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Contributor

This has happened twice with me recently with HSN. I ordered a Joy Magano air purifier online that showed in stock, then I received an email a few days later stating they didn't have the inventory. Just recently I ordered some Jay Manuel foundation, same thing, it now shows "extended delivery". When I contacted customer service they said the item was really popular, but they hope to have stock in soon.

New Contributor

I appreciate all your replies. I called customer service and they said it could be a few weeks. However,when I logged in today to check on other orders, I was surprised to see that back- order had changed to cancelled!!!! I called and the customer service agent was extremely apologetic but only could tell me that there was a problem with the item and it would no longer be available. It would have been nice to have been notified since I get e- mails for everything else!! Oh well, not meant to be I guess!!