Valued Contributor
Maybe instead of the 2, 3 or 4 extra fridges and/or freezers other people have in their basements and garages, they just wanted 1 big fridge/freezer? Maybe they host a lot of parties and need the room for catering? Maybe it's a corporate "gathering" place. Or could be a b&b or former b&b and thus needed the space. Could be a chef's personal home that likes lots of ingredients? It's definitely something they wanted to be a focal point!
Honored Contributor

My BIL has one like that.  It's a "walk-in."  I wonder if the one pictured is a "walk-in" also? 

He also has 2 gas ovens.  One is a 8 burner & the other is a 4 burner.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal Ha ha ha! I love that!

Trusted Contributor

Love the fridge, but they have a tiny little island?  Doesn't work for me.

Honored Contributor

I think the refrigerator is on one side and the freezer is on the other side.  

Honored Contributor

I'd have to use a step stool and grabber to get anything out of that

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@sometimesQVCaddict wrote:
Maybe instead of the 2, 3 or 4 extra fridges and/or freezers other people have in their basements and garages, they just wanted 1 big fridge/freezer? Maybe they host a lot of parties and need the room for catering? Maybe it's a corporate "gathering" place. Or could be a b&b or former b&b and thus needed the space. Could be a chef's personal home that likes lots of ingredients? It's definitely something they wanted to be a focal point!

@sometimesQVCaddict 

You make some excellent points and I to wonder how many have a freezer and a second refrigerator in the garage or basement in addition to the one in the kitchen. It clearly is not a product for everyone but for some it's perfect and meets their needs.  Why knock it if it doesn't fit your needs? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

My BIL has one like that.  It's a "walk-in."  I wonder if the one pictured is a "walk-in" also? 

He also has 2 gas ovens.  One is a 8 burner & the other is a 4 burner.

@Mz iMac 

Sounds like he has a great kitchen!  Good for him!

Honored Contributor

Having just two extremely wide doors like that would be a nightmare to me.  Wielding that huge door open every time, plus the weight of items placed in the door shelves -- no thank you.  

If I need that much refrigerator space, and I had a very large kitchen to go with it, I'd rather have 2 separate ones.  Get a refrigerator and a separate freezer.  

Honored Contributor

A monster for sure.