Respected Contributor

A retired Home Eco. teacher told me this one and I finally tried it out and it worked!

20 Mule Team Borax

Let your laundry soak in a Borax solution for 30 minutes before washing to remove stains and freshen laundry.

I needed to wash some of the dogs' towels and blankets but I do not like to use scented detergents.

I mixed Borax and water let it soak for 30 minutes or so, added a tiny bit of detergent and washed it through.   

I was impressed with the results! 

I use Borax for a few things but after my conversation with this lovely lady, I looked at the Borax website and found a wealth of info.  

Anyone else have any 'old school' tips to share?

Esteemed Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl  What is Borax?

Respected Contributor

Arm & Hammer Washing Soda Laundry Booster

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the Borax tip.  I use baking soda with my Nellies for dog/horse items that need freshened.  I also don't like to use scented detergents.  Looking forward to reading other responses.

Honored Contributor

I always have a box of Borax in my laundry room. Mememe - you are so right, it does a beautiful job.

Esteemed Contributor

I used Borax and Arm & Hammer washing soda for dogs laundry. I read on  the boxes that it's not good for them to swallow it. So I switched to regular Baking soda. 

Respected Contributor

I used Borax for years and then switched to the Arm & Hammer soda. Lately I have used the laundry sanitizer from Lysol. I like the results.

Respected Contributor

i have seen it in the supermaket and wondered how it would work. i may buy a box and try it out. i tried oxy and to me it did nothing. thanks for your tip.

Honored Contributor

Yesterdays' Borax is todays' OxyClean. New and improved way to treat laundry in the present times. Love my OxyClean!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

love Borax......Keeps ants at aby too