Honored Contributor

Re: Next Color Discussion - Red

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG  The living room table has SO much character. My eyes were drawn to it, and it being 200 years old is AMAZING!

Your dining room is quaint, lovely, and speaks volumes-I LOVE IT. As I have said before, your design education really shines through! I've not seen anything I don't like.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Thank you.  I started collecting the minute I got out of college!

Respected Contributor

NOPE

However, the last room is striking.  The blue patterned wallpaper pops the shade of red.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do have "country red"....accents in my home....

I'd change out the barrel end table in photo #1 and Id change out that rug in the first room..its just to beige and blah...I HATE the glass coffee table photo #1, I'd also put something else other the mantel, in photo #2 Id get rid of the glass end tables, and I dont like the glass lamps either ....The rest is fine....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Red is fine, but it's too much on a wall in my opinion. There is nothing red in my house except for a candle and a sign that says "apples" in the kitchen.

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I have a red chair and ottoman in my family room.  It is velour and in our previous house we had curtains made from the same fabric.  Now those curtains are throw pillows in our current house.  I call the chair our thinking chair b/c it looks like the thinking chair from Blue's Clues (my oldest DD's favorite show when she was little).

Here is my thinking chair

family room px.jpeg

Honored Contributor

No red decor or furnishings in my home. I do have a red Joan Rivers coat and a red Joan Rivers blazer, also a red D&B handbag that was a gift. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the red sectional sofa featured in this picture from the OP. I've been considering a sectional but all those I've seen have a too modern vibe, which I don't like and don't want. Most of them are frankly really rather ugly. I like that this one offers more of a transitional look that can be used and fit in well in either a more traditional or more contemporary room.

67C8CCD2-69FB-4EA6-9683-C0AD7182A34F.jpeg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@wilma   I have a red room, and that's what we call it, red walls and white trilm

Esteemed Contributor

I did a Red Bed the last 2 years for the holidays. That's as adventurous as I get. 

WS plaid sheets, red blanket from Lands End and a velvet comforter from PB. Mr and Mrs Claus hats go on the bedposts, of course!

img64o.jpgpottery-barn-velvet-quilt-image-result-for-pottery-barn-washed-velvet-pottery-barn-washed-velvet-quilt-ivory.jpg