Honored Contributor

Re: Next Color Discussion - Red

@stevieb Red is the "key color" in my house.  Every room has some shade of red, even in a small amount.

Here is my Dining Room which is near my GR in this thread.  Rooms should also flow seamlessly through the house.

20200521_234000.jpg

20191113_155752.jpg

The china belonged to my Victorian grandmother who was born in 1900.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG  I LOVE, LOVE that red sofa, and the artwork. Well done!!! The ambience with that lighting is perfect! Nice and cozy.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Thank you.  The  coffee table is a French table almost 200 years old I had cut down.

I put my dining room up in Red if you're interested.

Esteemed Contributor

The first pic is a beautiful room. The rest too red for me. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@wilma Here you are!  I had to take off the couch cover for Shadow.  It seems he LOVES to chew pillow zippers.  He always takes his naps on this couch, so the cover stays on when it's just us.

The handmade lamps are Pottery Barn.  The candle holder on the left is said to come from the late 1700's.  The couch is Cozy Craft.

20200521_170204.jpg

20200521_172631.jpg

@ECBG 

Very nice! Looks very comfy too. Thanks for posting photos of your home. 

Honored Contributor

I like all of them.  I find them all quite livable.

I do have a few deep red accents at home. (My car is a deep red, too - not burgundy or maroon, but simply a deep red.)

The first one is rather interesting in that it reminds me of an ocean liner. Maybe it's that round mirror making me think of a porthole?

I am getting the sense that our taste is similar, @wilma 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG  I'm really liking what appears to be a pretty ladder back arm chair over by your window...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Yes to red as an accent color. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Do you like and use red in your home decorating?

I have pops of red, mostly in darker shades, throughout my home. I tend to use warm neutrals in paint and furniture so the pops of red are interesting accents. I have solid red or prints with red in rugs, pillows, throws, candles, and kitchen towels & accessories. My living room has dark red valances along with a lamp shade and the piano bench cushion is dark red. 

Here are a few photos from the Internet of rooms with red.  Do you like any of them? 

4D4C7B76-CB7A-40AE-97C2-8BAF0EF12747.jpeg

i like red only as an accent color.  Therefore, I like the first photo.  

Honored Contributor

I love color.  No white wall for me.   I have a red and yellow family room, kitchen and one bedroom all with black accents.   

I don't wear red except for purses and shoes.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  The living room table has SO much character. My eyes were drawn to it, and it being 200 years old is AMAZING!

Your dining room is quaint, lovely, and speaks volumes-I LOVE IT. As I have said before, your design education really shines through! I've not seen anything I don't like.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖