Honored Contributor

Do you like and use red in your home decorating?

I have pops of red, mostly in darker shades, throughout my home. I tend to use warm neutrals in paint and furniture so the pops of red are interesting accents. I have solid red or prints with red in rugs, pillows, throws, candles, and kitchen towels & accessories. My living room has dark red valances along with a lamp shade and the piano bench cushion is dark red. 

Here are a few photos from the Internet of rooms with red.  Do you like any of them? 

4D4C7B76-CB7A-40AE-97C2-8BAF0EF12747.jpeg

67C8CCD2-69FB-4EA6-9683-C0AD7182A34F.jpeg

A010348A-C171-4653-8C63-6FEEAC83FA72.jpeg

FB80C1AC-04FD-4C2A-BDC7-5821B3EB37D4.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Next Color Discussion - Red

Yes, I like them all except for the red dining room.  I never cared for that trend.  I do use red, like you, as an accent color.  I love to use red outdoors on my patio!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma  Thank you for posting all these pictures you've been sharing!  So nice to look at all the different color choices and most are so pretty.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

I like the first two, not so much the last two.

Someone once told me you should have something red in each room for good luck.  I've done that ever since....even if it is just something small like a trivett in the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Yes, yes, yes I like everyone of them.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I love RED, love it in my home, love to wear it.  As most colors that come and go and come back again, red is like this. Some years ago all I kept seeing in furniture ads was red leather, all goegeous. Had to have a red leather sofa and loveseat in the living room. We found a great set, had it for some years. Decorating with red is so much fun, easy to do as well. I love color to add in. Sadly, the set sort of wore out and we replaced it with a more neutral set.

I keep looking for another great red set to move back into our living space.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved red used in home decorating.  I also love all 4 rooms but the wallpaper would have to be removed in the butler's pantry (4th picture).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Red has always been one of my favorite colors.  I love red sweaters, tops, shoes and such.  In a home I like to have pops of red so they stand out. I do like way red is used in the pictures, each one has appeal and the use of red enhances the rooms.

Respected Contributor

Yes I use red as accent pieces in my kitchen, my office and the loft. I love the dining room!!

Honored Contributor

Red is my favorite color...actually a darker burgundy.  Use a lot of it in the master bedroom and livingroom with accents in all other rooms.  Never tire of it wanting to change colors in the house.  

Also like wine if it has more blue than brown in it.  

Love the DR and last photo.  Normally, I don't like walls other than off white or gray, but the DR looks very rich to me.  The last photo is gorgeous.