Trusted Contributor

I was sucked into purchasing the mop.  It wasn’t long before it ended up in the trash. All of the 1 star reviews are right on point. 

Respected Contributor

I have given up on mops and now use only the wet and dry Swiffer pads. I prefer to just throw dirty pads away rather than to rinse and clean. There are now Bona pads to use for wood.

Honored Contributor

I have to use a steam mop. To me that's the only way that I can be assured that my floors are really clean and virtually germ-free. Plus I don't have to use any chemicals getting it there.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have to use a steam mop. To me that's the only way that I can be assured that my floors are really clean and virtually germ-free. Plus I don't have to use any chemicals getting it there.

After you get the floor really cleam by steaming, does it bother you when a few minutes later someone enters the room and now the floor is dirty again?

The problem with cleaning is it doesn't last more than a few minurtes. Sigh....

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

After you get the floor really cleam by steaming, does it bother you when a few minutes later someone enters the room and now the floor is dirty again?

The problem with cleaning is it doesn't last more than a few minurtes. Sigh....

I know!! @nomless

It's really weird but right after I clean my kitchen floor my dog goes in there and lays down on the floor! She never lays on the kitchen floor...only just after I clean it! LOL!Woman LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

LOVE my spin mop!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I too bought the Evine mop and the extra pads.  The design is similar but some slight difference.  The tops click onto the bucket differently.  The handle is placed differently and the wet and dry scraping mechanisms appear different.  I do hope it does well.  I like using a microfiber cloth on a Swiffer or similar mop.  I can wash it out but I have to use my hands to wring out the cloth.  This solves that.  I also have a steamer but don't want to break it out for spills and smaller things. I did try the wet and dry Swiffer system but you couldn't rinse it clean and I used too many wipes.  Too much waste and going into the landfill just didn't work for me.  I think I'll like this system.

Honored Contributor

I really use overkill when cleaning floors.  No carpeting anywhere....

I vacuum first, then dry mop (w/19" microfiber million fingers mop head), then steam clean and/or do the Bona system.

I change the mopheads for the dry mop and the Bona and the steam cleaner 3,4 and 5 times per room. 

I just can't keep pushing around the same dusty/dirty mop head---have to change them constantly.