Trusted Contributor

Re: New Method Of Decorating???????

That is absurd...to say the least!!

Respected Contributor

no, it simply has not found a home there.  

Respected Contributor

At first glance I thought, "what an awfully big and ugly range hood."  Second glance I realized it's a piano.  What were they thinking?  Or not thinking.  Maybe the bulk trash collectors wouldn't do a curb-side pickup. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess if you don't have space for a piano,  You could use a very high stool.   

This is a good example of why some people's houses don't sell.  Buyers don't like certain rug colors, type of kitchen sinks, and pianos over the stove.  

Respected Contributor

i can sort of see how this MIGHT work in a quirky, whimsical decorating scheme, ... but a big no as it stands. (or hangs LOL)

Super Contributor

well, it works for me since I have a piano that I never play and an oven that I don’t use.  I think that my house has a kitchen , but I don’t see it very often.

.......obviously, the piano oven vignette is just about the dopiest design idea I’ve ever seen!  ....gee...what can I put together to get social media recognition?

Respected Contributor

Why??????

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

You know; this COULD work if done properly.  It ABSOLUTELY doesn't work here.  It's completely incongruous with the rest of the kitchen.

You'd need a kitchen with personality in a house with personality owned by a  person with a quirky personality.

Respected Contributor

Reusing is great but not this!

Valued Contributor

I could see this in a rustic kitchen setting, IF they removed the front half of the piano/piano keys and just had the big decorative wood in the back and the legs. So I would imagine a large stove inset in a niche and the panel above it. Kind of like an English cottage look. 

But here it just looks like the law of gravity went bonkers.