Super Contributor

Re: New Draping Candle Rings - Winter Berry

Marsha, your CR's are gorgeous, like the silver combined with the rings.

I am looking at the winter berry rings with longing. Sigh. The red combined with the white candles & stands is breathtaking. Just luv!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/7/2014 SHOPR said:
On 10/6/2014 twopeas said:
On 10/6/2014 Me And My Shadow said:
On 10/6/2014 twopeas said:
On 10/6/2014 RedHeadedWench said:

I ordered these the other day, I am going to use them on the chandelier in my dining room.

What a wonderful idea. Now I just need a chandelier. {#emotions_dlg.lol} It will look stunning no doubt about it.

Well then, a very good reason to go out and buy one! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

That would require a dining room. Don't have one of those either. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

RHW, The chandelier idea sounds so pretty.

twopeas, I don't have a chandelier either. Sometimes I want one very much. Problem is that the light fixture isn't centered over the table, but is in the middle of the room. I'll have to enjoy everyone else's.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

That's my problem, too. Our living and dining rooms are sort of one long room and the light fixture is in the center of the room. I did find a three light chandelier looking light that is close to the ceiling (so that people don't bump their heads) and last Christmas I did adorn it with some stuff that I had.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

twopeas, I'd have to have something close to the ceiling, too. Do you mind telling me where you found yours?

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, those are beautiful. However the two darling kitties who share my home think that things with faux berries should be chewed on so I've given up on buying any more of those kinds of things, but I love to admire them in photos.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/7/2014 SHOPR said:

twopeas, I'd have to have something close to the ceiling, too. Do you mind telling me where you found yours?

OMG, I'll have to dig through my receipts. It wasn't someplace like Home Depot or anything. I went on line and searched so many places. I hope I still have the paperwork. I live in the PNW and it was a lighting store, that specialized in just lighting. The customer service was great as I recall. I will see what I can find out.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

twopeas, Please don't bother digging through your receipts. Believe me, I know how annoying that can be. Maybe you can just give me a shout-out one of these days, if you ever recall the name.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/7/2014 SHOPR said:

twopeas, Please don't bother digging through your receipts. Believe me, I know how annoying that can be. Maybe you can just give me a shout-out one of these days, if you ever recall the name.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Maxim MX 2653I couldn't find my receipt, but tried to find something similar on-line. This is from LighingDirect.com. I had our electrician take almost all of the chain off to raise it. So, you would want to look for semi flush ceiling lights. Look at the measurements that would be from the tallest part of the center to the bottom of the globe and then you would need about another 4" from the top of the detail to the ceiling housing. From our ceiling to the bottom of the globs is 17" and no one has bumped their head. LOL. I chose the amber color globes as is shown in this picture. There are tons and tons to choose from, just have to watch the hanging length. I love ours. PS I chose three lights that each hold 100 W bulbs to get as much light in the room as possible.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for showing me the style of light that worked for you, twopeas. I've actually seen similar ones at Lowes, and I think they are sometimes called island lights. I've been looking at all the lighting lately because my mom needs help choosing some new fixtures for her kitchen and dining room.

It's funny because I've been telling her how much I like the look of some of the island lights, but I never once thought of one for my dining room. The way they are displayed in the store is way too low, without shortening them.

But knowing that it worked for you gives me confidence to consider a bigger variety of fixtures. Thanks again. It looks nice, plus it's good that it allows you a place to add some greenery or decorations, like you would with an actual chandelier.

:-)
Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 twopeas said:
On 10/7/2014 SHOPR said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Maxim MX 2653I couldn't find my receipt, but tried to find something similar on-line. This is from LighingDirect.com. I had our electrician take almost all of the chain off to raise it. So, you would want to look for semi flush ceiling lights. Look at the measurements that would be from the tallest part of the center to the bottom of the globe and then you would need about another 4" from the top of the detail to the ceiling housing. From our ceiling to the bottom of the globs is 17" and no one has bumped their head. LOL. I chose the amber color globes as is shown in this picture. There are tons and tons to choose from, just have to watch the hanging length. I love ours. PS I chose three lights that each hold 100 W bulbs to get as much light in the room as possible.

This is the same chandelier that I almost bought to go above my new long table in my new kitchen, but ended up getting one at Pottery Barn. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find the right one, as I looked through thousands, bought a few, and had to return them. Lamps Plus is another good place to look at lighting, bought a few Tiffany style small lamps there recently, also Amazon has tons of lighting fixtures, all styles, bought some small lamps there also.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/7/2014 SHOPR said:

Thank you for showing me the style of light that worked for you, twopeas. I've actually seen similar ones at Lowes, and I think they are sometimes called island lights. I've been looking at all the lighting lately because my mom needs help choosing some new fixtures for her kitchen and dining room.

It's funny because I've been telling her how much I like the look of some of the island lights, but I never once thought of one for my dining room. The way they are displayed in the store is way too low, without shortening them.

But knowing that it worked for you gives me confidence to consider a bigger variety of fixtures. Thanks again. It looks nice, plus it's good that it allows you a place to add some greenery like you would with an actual chandelier.

Something else you could consider: I would have preferred to do this, but there is a skylight right over our dining room table. You could utilize the electricity from the outlet in the middle of the room, run a chain and electrical with a regular chandelier and place it on a hook over your table. It may take some finessing, but it should be doable.