Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for window shades in my den.

@SilleeMee:  Wow! Thank you. I watched several of the  you tube videos.Still confused about the motorized shades. I wanted the motorized shades but told the batteries are installed in the tubing on the top of the out side mount frame and I would have to climb up to change the battery and not able to do that. The wand was recommended that has a button to push to control the shade. My blinds will remain in the window and this makes it necessary to install the shades with the out side mount brackets. SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee,

I wonder if there is a way to get battery access on the bottom of the shade rather than on top..?? That would be a question I would ask your sales rep. If you went with a manually operated shade, there are long poles that are made to grasp and pull up / down the shade. This would be an option, too. One of my windows is far beyond my reach and I don't have a motorized shade on it. Instead I use a pole made to reach up to where the shade can be manipulated. Ask about this as well. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Here's a close-up of the pole where it would be used on the shade handle. You can purchase poles of any length. It hooks on to that clear-plastic handle so you can push it up or pull it down.

cordlesspoleopen_sm.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee: Thank you for going to the trouble to provide more info and photo. I have decided to call the rep on Monday to see if he can come back and answer more guestions. I like your suggestion and will  ask if the battery compartment can be located on the bottom. Also will ask more questions about sound barrier and insulation from heat and cold. I had a friend call this morning. She has lived all over America and delt with various companies. She has been in my den. She said for the size of my windows and the product selected that it was a good price. She has purchased from the company scheduled for Tuesday and said I needed to cancel.

I truly appreciate your time and help. I will update my post. Have a Blessed weekend, SouthernBee.

Honored Contributor

Window shades were installed friday. Wow- what a difference!!  Last night was finally able to sleep. I do not know how to post pictures with my iPad. This morning was very bright with sunshine but no problems for me. Looking forward to watching tv without glare on the screen. I am Blessed.

Honored Contributor

I was going to suggest woven wood shades with a lining but I guess I am too late!  Hope you love your new window treatment.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne:Thank you. The shades are a basic color with a woven texture that blends with  the berber carpet. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Shutters

And there was no one left to speak out for me....