Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need help with a chandelier

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

....I love this one if @ccassaday@ wants a chandelier.... I still keep wandering back to the "Graham" that @Kachina mentioned.

I do like the simple chandelier with the crystals. That really seems to be what you want.....

A thought came to me on that one....

Chandeliers are elegant-and even crystal chandeliers can be used in a bedroom. BUT, their needs to be some element of elegance-suiting the style of the fixture.

To match a crystal chandelier, how about adding some silk and lace throws? Throw pillows? I think if you add that element to your fixture, it will work.

What I didn't like about the one you initially picked out is not in keeping with the serenity.....if you had some Moroccan patterns in there.....maybe it would-and that may be another idea......

Poodlepet2

Which one?

I do like this round one I saw at Home Depot. I will see if I can find a picture. I just don't want to step on my moms toes because she likes something similar for the nook. Maybe I will wait until she gets her lighting and see what she gets.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like this one. But it is a little pricey.IMG_0022.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of putting a chandelier in the bedroom.I like a less formal look for the bedroom like a ceiling fan with an attached light.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

This one looks like it would be way too big for a bedroom.  I could be wrong since I don't know the measurements, but that is my initial thought.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

This one looks like it would be way too big for a bedroom.  I could be wrong since I don't know the measurements, but that is my initial thought.

I I would have to look at the dimensions and the look at the chandelier finder. 

Esteemed Contributor

I looked at that chandelier size and it is defintly not to big. My room is 14x13.5 with 9 ft ceilings. So if I add 14 to the 13.5 that 27 and the chandelier is 26. And the heights of ceiling you multiply by 3 and that's 27. It says the chandelier is 18 inches. It might be a little more then I want to spend. Our house is more transitional so I don't want anything to traditional. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't think the chandelier is the best match in style for all your other choices. It is more elegant, and the other items are much more casual, in my opinion.

I don't like chandeliers in bedrooms and bathrooms in the least, so I would be choosing a totally different kind of light fixture, and just wonder if you have considered other kinds of lighting fixtures, or if you are set on a chandelier?

Maybe it isn't just this one, but having one in the room at all is part of your indecision with it.

I don't want a ceiling fan. What other kind of light fixtures are you thinking of.

There are so many kinds of regular ceiling light fixtures out there. They aren't as big as a fan or a chandelier. Depending on the size of your room, and how much you have in it (and how much print is going to be there too), a big light fixture will just make the room seem smaller and more closed in.

Go to a lighting store or their websites to look at ceiling light fixtures. Many sizes, many styles. 

Esteemed Contributor

Right now I think I am leaning towards my first choice. My parents go to lighting Tuesday so I will have her take some pictures if she sees anything I might like. I might also wait to see what they get. If she don't get the round sphere one I might think about that one.

Esteemed Contributor

IMG_3025.JPGEverything together with that first chandelier

Honored Contributor

We have a ceiling fan with light (low and high speed) in our bedroom.  I use the ceiling fan often on low speed, especially on nights we don't need the A/C.  I would not want a chandelier in the bedroom.  I have two lamps on the bureau and a lamp on the nightstand and recessed lighting over the fireplace. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~