Honored Contributor

Living in the woods, we are plagued with flies this time of year when they come in from the cold.  So I bought some Zevo from Amazon, but the directions didn't answer all my questions.  What should I NOT use this on?  Like the TV screen, the flies crawl all over the picture at night.  

Respected Contributor

@depglass  Go to their website, zevoinsect. They answer questions Remember it is flammable, keep away from heat. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, I noticed the flammability, so that means alcohol?  I guess I expected you could drink it from the ads, it was so harmless.  Just kidding.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought some but found it to be a greasy oil . It made my tile floor slippery   and was to greasy for any glass or  TV screens  .   I sprayed it on wood  or take an old  cloth item  and spray it  . I did not buy any more Zevo because it is an oil .

I have seen cloth Schats from Earthkind  company that are sold at Home Depot  that contains citronella oil, Rosemary oil  and Lemongrass oil.

Respected Contributor

@depglass  I had to throw it away. I found the odor horrible. Had to wash the area I used  it on and then open every window. If anyone knows of a "clean" bug spray with a tolerable odor please let me know.

Esteemed Contributor

When they climb all over TV screen or on windows - grab your vacuum cleaner and s*c* them up.....and/or   hit them with a can of hairspray - immediately the spray dries / sticks and no longer can fly.

I've done both..................

Honored Contributor

I used it and recently just finished a bottle.

I can't say that I really noticed a difference in the amount of any kind of bugs or spiders. 

I didn't

even notice that it was flammable.

I got it after readin several here thought it was great but I don't think I'll order it again. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Most insecticides are petroleum-based so are greasy.  I find Raid Flying Insect Killer to have the most tolerable odor but I suddenly can't find it at any store.  I guess everyone else is spritzing too. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment