Trusted Contributor

Re: Navy, Trimmed Out Powder Room

I truly adore this.

Honored Contributor

Gorgeous!  I too would have to do something about the exposed pipe;  looks like a neglected afterthought.

But other than that minor detail, a high style and appealing powder room!

Honored Contributor

Great moldings and a sharp look, but it is dark. Also wonder about water spots showing up more on such a dark surface rght behind the sink.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

In a full bathroom I would say no but for a powder room I love it.  I have a white pedestal sink so it would look great.  Unfortunately it would not go with my tile floor color.  Bummer 

Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised that I like this.

Not a color I would have chosen but as long as there's enough light color in the room to offset the dark, it works.

I would've preferred a vanity with storage though.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the navy and the shutters on the window.  A very charming bathroom.

But......I would have a larger mirror and I don't like to see a sink with the plumbing showing, so I would opt for a vanity sink to cover that. 

Honored Contributor

I like it....Our master bedroom has one wall painted a navy blue.  The room is large and the blue wall is in the sitting area of the room.  I have a white dresser infront of the wall.  It is not nearly as dramatic as the. photo but it looks nice.

I recently updated my bathroom, took down the wall paper, it had a black background with multi colored flowers...it was pretty, the coordinating paper was a taupe color with tiny white flowers, very subtle.  I did not think the room was to dark....but we all have different opinions.

I like my new bathroom walls, they are all painted the same color-off white, but I do sort of miss the colorful bathroom.

Honored Contributor

I think it is lovely for a Powder Room. It would be too dark for a large Bath Room but this is clean and very attractive.

Honored Contributor

It almost looks like...they boarded up a shower/tub combo

and made it into a sink.  

The height of the navy bottom would be in the area of a tub...

and it really draws attention to the metal water pipe to the sink.

I would've made the navy trim continue down to the floor.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the navy and white although it's odd the way the navy wall is trimmed out at the bottom.  I'd definitely replace the bathroom vanity.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown