Honored Contributor

NORTHERN CONNECTICUT HOUSE

[ Edited ]

3134.jpg

The sinuous lines of that bannister grabbed my attention, along with other gracious architectural elements in this entryway.

873.jpg

Look at this detail.  The wood is walnut, and has taken a gorgeous polish!    Edited to add:  My mistake-- it is mahogany.

1061.jpg

Now, this appears to be a smallish sitting room/library off the entry.  Something about it appeals to me so much-- it's not overstuffed, yet appears well furnished and cozy.  Love the painting, the gorgeous mantle, the inviting silver tea service.

2426.jpg

How great would it be to read here and take tea.

2524.jpg

Rooms like this always remind me of a certain, memorable movie scene-- remember in Hitchcock's "Marnie",  when Sean Connery brings Tippi Hedren home to meet dear old Dad for the first time?  It was a vaguely Georgian house, I think, in horsey countryside.  This room to me has the same feeling as the room where they took tea, and jealous Diane Baker looked daggers at Tippi...

2816.jpg

The more formal living room, with its lovely paneling.  Very nice, but that first sitting room above is my favorite.

1741.jpg

Those fab windows give out onto such stunning views.

1641.jpg

Creamy dining room, replete with antiques.

1936.jpg

Stunning wall detail.

2721.jpg

Butler's pantry looking back to dining room.  Floors here are black walnut.

2164.jpg

The kitchen merges seamlessly with this charming hearth-centered sitting area, and the breakfast nook beyond.

3133.jpg

Views at breakfast.

11116.jpg

This warm neutral bedroom wall color is a nice counterpoint to the cool blue and white fabric.  One thing I like about the 'Home Bunch' site is they often give the paint colors and other resources.  This color is "Luminaire" by Benjamin Moore.

3220.jpg

This bedroom is in "Palladian Blue",  a beautiful robin's egg blue historical paint color, also by B. Moore.

3714.jpg

Mudroom with Dutch door.   Floor is blue stone.

1444.jpg

Sunroom.

1546.jpg

Outside view of patio and sunroom:

778.jpg

Houses on this larger scale tend not to appeal to me as much as smaller, more intimate ones, but this one had such a very nice spirit--  seems so liveable.  And many of the decorating principles inside are adaptable to any size abode, I think.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: NORTHERN CONNECTICUT HOUSE

beautiful, thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯.  I could most definitely live in it...if I could move it down to SC.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Heart be still!

Honored Contributor

What a stunning home!!!!  There is so much appeal and beauty, the views lovely, furnishings and decor beautiful, elegant and formal.  I love Connecticut so the location is a plus for me too!!!!!  All in all a definite yes !

Esteemed Contributor

Stunning and lovely

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell     Absolutely beautiful decor for this home.  Every room is breathtaking and it's obvious the attention to detail.  Love the blue patio furniture.  I also love the landscape/grounds and surrounding landscape.  That home is a treasure.  The staircase is lovely and I also love the wallpaper usedin the dining room and I am not a wallpaper gal.  Although this is not my no. 1 for decor, I could live in this home just the way it is.  Thanks for sharing.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Love this home. There is only one little thing I would change: the drapery on the bed.i.e. side drapes and the top cover.

Otherwise this is one beautiful, elegant home.

Thanks for the posting.

Respected Contributor

OH MY !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh...........what a beauty!!  I could live here forever!