Super Contributor

My chocolate bunny (work in progress)

I've wanted a "chocolate" bunny so I decided to buy a bisque figurine and paint him myself. It would have been easier/quicker/less messy to buy an already done bunny, but I like creating things. This is my chocolate bunny so far. He's taking a lot of coats of paint to make him look chocolate. And in the process, I think he's losing some of his texture. Not sure how to fix that. Remember this is a work in progress. The white bunnies are waiting patiently for their chocolate coating.

/></p>

Regular Contributor

Re: My chocolate bunny (work in progress)

Looks great, so far so good!

Super Contributor

Lookin good Nana!!

Trusted Contributor

I also enjoy making things! Can you share where you bought the bunnies and what kind of paint you are using? They look great!

Occasional Contributor

Are you painting them with a brush? Maybe spray paint would be better as far as the texture. I would try that.

They are very nice bunnies.

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2014 flickerbulb said:

I also enjoy making things! Can you share where you bought the bunnies and what kind of paint you are using? They look great!

The Ebay seller is afcc8378 The bunnies/all their figurines are hand-made in the USA and they're made after they get the order so it takes several weeks for the order to arrive. But I am so happy with my bunnies. They are huge and a nice heavy weight.

I'm using acrylic craft paint which is what the seller suggested. I got the paint at AC Moore. It comes in a 2 oz plastic bottle.

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2014 diegon said:

Are you painting them with a brush? Maybe spray paint would be better as far as the texture. I would try that.

They are very nice bunnies.

Thanks for the suggestion. I might try that with the other bunny and compare them.

Contributor

Looks good. I also like the arrangement of tiny flowers & Easter candy.

Trusted Contributor

I love those bunnies! How tall are they? I also love how you are doing eggs too. Like Summer, I also really like the arrangement with the flowers and candies. My store bought chocolate bunny has a bit of a shine to him. Not a high gloss, but not a matte finish like you are getting. Maybe a low gloss paint would help show the texture a bit more?

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2014 itsmetoo said:

I love those bunnies! How tall are they? I also love how you are doing eggs too. Like Summer, I also really like the arrangement with the flowers and candies. My store bought chocolate bunny has a bit of a shine to him. Not a high gloss, but not a matte finish like you are getting. Maybe a low gloss paint would help show the texture a bit more?

The tall bunny is almost 12 inches and the other two are 8 inches.

Thanks for the suggestion about low gloss paint. He needs to be sealed after I'm done painting. I don't know if sealer comes in low gloss but I'll check.