Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of My Pillow, but I doubt any medical claims were made on the Q.  They jump in with disclaimers for just about everything.

Exercise equipment: " Check with your doctor."

Massagers and heating pads: "We can't make any medical claims."

NutriBarf: "Check with your doctor."

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have the My Pillow from the last TSV. There is absolutely no odor to them whatsoever and I haven't slept as well in ages as I have since by those pillows.

There is an entire thread in Community about this lawsuit.  I don't know if they've ever said anything on QVC. This may be infomercial related.

I don't have these, but my mom does. I looked at hers, and I noticed no smell. She says they are the best pillows she has been able to find, and she has spent a lot of money on high dollar pillows looking for just the right one.

Pillows are a personal thing, and definitely not a 'one size fits all' type of item. I'm glad she found something that works so good for her. 

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I have a My Pillow.  It is okay -- it did not change my life though.  And there is no odor whatsoever.  What bothers me is that companies like My Pillow, and WEN, decide to settle out of court to get it over with and to avoid paying more.  That is a sad state of our legal system, that is better to pay out and get it over with than to fight and have your day in court to prove you did nothing wrong, and end up paying even more just in legal fees.

Yep. For a nation that had founding principles of 'justice for all' to no longer have a system of true justice, but simply a 'legal system' says it all, doesn't it?

Honored Contributor

I own a lot of these pillows.  I've given them as gifts.  There is no smell at all in MY pillows.

Look!  There are people these days who see an opportunity to sue and they go for it.  I'd say that person is stupid to believe a pillow could heal your medical condition.  In our family we call these people 'users'.

It's so easy to sue these days.  It's so easy to slur someone.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@January121

Ordered a set from Q when they were the TSV.

They went back immediately.

@hopi .... to each his own ..... that's what makes the world go around!!!! 😄

Contributor

I would not say that I am a pillow snob.......well maybe.......but I have 4 My Pillows and while my husband has no problem he is a man and could sleep on a rock with a fishing pole in his hand I on the other hand thought those pillows felt like they have rolled up childrens socks in them.....and went back to my feathers......

So here is the problem........Last night I went to pull my pillow out from under my head and I heard a rrrrriiippp.........pillow case I hope......NO it was my pillow, it wsa my last Northern nights gusseted pillow I have here....now what do I do? I do have one at the camper but it is 100 miles away.......I don't sleep that well anyway...........now with no pillow..........And that pillow was only like 10 years old.......just getting broken into and the feathers in it were still so light and fluffy........but the whole casing is so thing I tossed it.......I need Northern Nights pillow....

Occasional Contributor

I actually got a chance to feel the pillow at Bed Bath Beyond & it felt a little firm to me.  And i believe one pillow was like $50.00?  i checked it out and said not today LOL.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

He said it Could not that it Does. LOL!!! So stupid IMO to sue My Pillow. Who comes up with all these type lawsuits & where does all the money go. It says anyone who purchased one could get a $5 refund. So what. How many people will hear about this & actually ask for the $5??? Probably not enough to amount to a million dollars so where will that money go???

They must dream up all these lawsuits to line someones pockets.

I don't own a My Pillow. I use a latex pillow. It's the only thing that helps my neck.

@Nightowlz...I'm wondering what kind of latex pillow you have. I would love to find one I like. I bought one at Kohls but it is too "bouncy" like sleeping on a balloon. My hubby likes it, so it's his now. BTW I thought the same thing with the My Pillow lawsuit-he said it Could, not that it Does.

Honored Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

He said it Could not that it Does. LOL!!! So stupid IMO to sue My Pillow. Who comes up with all these type lawsuits & where does all the money go. It says anyone who purchased one could get a $5 refund. So what. How many people will hear about this & actually ask for the $5??? Probably not enough to amount to a million dollars so where will that money go???

I don't own a My Pillow. I use a latex pillow. It's the only thing that helps my neck.

@Nightowlz...I'm wondering what kind of latex pillow you have. I would love to find one I like. I bought one at Kohls but it is too "bouncy" like sleeping on a balloon. My hubby likes it, so it's his now. BTW I thought the same thing with the My Pillow lawsuit-he said it Could, not that it Does.

@daisyk I bought it at Penney's several years ago. Last I looked they were selling a latex pillow but it's not the same one I bought. I thought about buying a couple from Cuddle Ewe that has some wrapped in wool. I'm waiting to see if they have a good black friday deal.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@daisyk wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@daisyk I bought it at Penney's several years ago. Last I looked they were selling a latex pillow but it's not the same one I bought. I thought about buying a couple from Cuddle Ewe that has some wrapped in wool. I'm waiting to see if they have a good black friday deal.

@Nightowlz...Thanks for the Cuddle Ewe info, that latex/wool pillow looks nice! I think I'll wait until Black Friday too and give it a try.