Honored Contributor

went to estate sale on Thursday they were asking $200 for this piece I left my name to call me if it didn't sell by end of sale today. 

Yippee I bought it for $75-- I love these finds when I know what they sell originally in furniture stores.

image.jpeg

They also had this one for $100... Wish I had someplace to put it or stuff fill it !

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Very nice, and a great price. Sometimes waiting things out really pays off.

What do you plan to display inside?

Frequent Contributor

I never been to an estate sale, guess I'll have to take a look see. Great find

Respected Contributor

Such fun to get a bargain on something you live. Good for you! I go to auctions and estate sales looking for my current passion, vintage silver Etruscan charm bracelets. They aren't cheap but each is a work of art and it is soooooo exciting when one turns up. The thrill of the hunt! 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm pleased that you are pleased.

Presently, I am donating the same things to a charity.  They are not my style.  Inherited them from the late FIL.  I just want the donation receipt. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Re: My Estate sale find !

[ Edited ]

That's a great price.  Do you have a specific collection you'll be putting in it?  I'd use it to display teapots and other pretty china in the dining area.  I might paint it off white with a shiny enamel paint, as that's what would blend in there.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

Great finds! I'd love to have both of them, especially at those prices!

Good job bargain hunting!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Love to see what Estate sales have to offer. REal finds!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Lucky you!  I have one similar to this and I love it.  As a matter of fact, my end tables are 20" square enclosed pieces and I have a tall one that matches them with my angel collection displayed.  The smaller one has my SO's service awards in it.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Lucky you!  I have one similar to this and I love it.  As a matter of fact, my end tables are 20" square enclosed pieces and I have a tall one that matches them with my angel collection displayed.  The smaller one has my SO's service awards in it.

@Zhills

Please thank your SO for his service for us!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.