Esteemed Contributor

Luminara Lantern TSV from February- Still Going Strong- Loving It

H205420, Heritage lantern.  I have the small 12" Slate (the teal-ish one).  

I can't remember the advertised battery life, but mine has been lighting up brightly every night on the 5-hour timer since February 20.  It has lightened up a dark corner every night since then, and I'm very impressed with the glow brightness and ease of use (no dealing with constant dimming or battery-changing) of this little lantern. 

It was a very worthwhile purchase in my opinion.  

I bet I just jinxed it now that I've said something!  LOL 

Honored Contributor

Re: Luminara Lantern TSV from February- Still Going Strong- Loving It

Two years ago in the spring I got a set of two outside candles which I put in some lanterns that I got at Walmart.  I hung them on my covered patio and have never changed the batteries.  To this day, one of them comes on every single night and has every night since I put them out there.  It's not real bright but more of a soft glow.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, That's a LONG time! Candle Impressions made some 4000 hour candles, so that would be just over two years on timer.  The ones I've used dim down rather quickly but do seem to go on forever in that dim state.  I am thrilled that the Luminara do not dim down, but they won't last nearly that long, which as a trade-off. 

Respected Contributor

I've been really pleased with how long luminaras last ...and That they are so widely available now, in stores such as Joann, BBand B, Kohls, HL etc. I have replaced all of my old flameless with luminaras. Love them!

Trusted Contributor

I was thinking the same thing about mine the other day.  It's still on schedule and hasn't needed a battery change.  I have an older Luminara lantern that requires frequent battery changes, so it's nice to see that the technology is improving.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR, I have it in the cream & teal & I love these.  I have all of a sudden became a huge fan of using the remote control which in my case extends the battery life even more.  There are times I don't turn them on if we are gone, working or when I go to bed early.  I have 5 of those remotes; don't think I will have to change those batteries anytime soon, lol!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Azcowgirl, I got some very good deals on some of my outdoor Luminaras at Kohls.com and BB&B.com a year or two ago.  If it weren't for deals like those, I wouldn't have the growing Luminara collection that I do have. 

@RazorSharp, The other Luminara candles that I use the most are also older technology I think, the outdoor ones, and the batteries don't last nearly as long, so I'm very happy with the latest version, both in continued brightness and battery life.

@BornToShop, You reminded me that I need to find my remote!  I remember trying it out when I first unpacked the lantern.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, I found the remote that came with my Luminara lantern.  It was in the bottom of my purse where stuff tends to disappear.  I have no idea why it was in there.  LOL

Anyway, I put batteries in my rustic 360 Luminaras that I'm not using at the moment, and to my surprise, the remote operates all of them.  Some came from QVC and others came from Kohls.  The remote also operates my Mystique brand votives (the tall ones).   I'm thrilled to discover that about the votives in particular, because they use 2AA batteries and don't last nearly as long.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR, DH calls the bottom of my purse, the black hole, lol.  I wish the next round of new Luminara lanterns/candles would give us the option to include the remote or not; then knock $10 off of the price if I opt out since I have so many.  BTW, if you see any new Luminara sconces as you shop around, let me know. I need a new set as my CI sconces are very old.  

Esteemed Contributor

Will do, @BornToShop.  At the moment I don't remember ever seeing any Luminara sconces. 

Good idea on the option to include the remote or not in the future and to vary the price.  It's comical to have so many, I imagine.  ;-)