Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all who responded. 

I know it may seem small but I just couln't believe I got a defective tree 2 years in a row from QVC and Valerie!

Hope your Christmas and other Holidays are wonderful!

Honored Contributor

Sterling makes some of pottery barns trees.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Zhills   I ordered the Valerie tree with colored lights in July and opened it upon receiving....what a mess. I was so busy I decided to keep it. I had to work with it for about half an hour....actually pulling apart branches (when decorating) but now it is beautiful. I love it.

I bought  two Valerie trees from last year and didn't have this problem.

I hope it works out for  you.

Merry Christmas!

Respected Contributor

@Zhills   I'm so sorry that you have received bum "spray painted/stuck together branches" two years in a row.  I didn't realize they were smashed and stuck in that manner.  Guess they were asleep at the assembly line.  

Even if you go to a brick and mortar store to purchase those are boxed too but at least are a little easier to return than these that you have to ship back to QVC.

Guess I was very fortune with my 2017 Hallmark tree and 2018 Valerie Parr Hill tree from the Q--both five footers.  No problems whatsoever.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee  I saw your beautiful tree on here last year..that is why I ordered mine! 

The one last year was about half OK and, yes, it was breathtakingly beautiful on the "correct" side.  This year, none of this tree is OK.   I still want to cry!

I'll send it back but that doesn't help the disappointment. 

Esteemed Contributor

For a small tree, it's very pretty.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@Regal Bee  I saw your beautiful tree on here last year..that is why I ordered mine! 

The one last year was about half OK and, yes, it was breathtakingly beautiful on the "correct" side.  This year, none of this tree is OK.   I still want to cry!

I'll send it back but that doesn't help the disappointment. 

@Zhills  I am so sorry to hear this. I know that something like this can be such a disappointment. We often get something in our minds that we want and when it doesn't work out, it is such a bummer.

I do know that when I originally opened mine in July, I was just appalled but hoped I could 'work with it' and all would be well. I think some of Valerie's items are having problems. I do know that I am ordering much less from her these days because the reviews are scaring me off..

I hope you find a tree that works just for you.

Respected Contributor

Oops, not to enthused!