Respected Contributor

Just got home from a 2 week vacation.  At our Airb&b they had microfiber sheets.  So glad we got to try them before buying.  They are soooooooooooo awful.  Don't breathe at all.  I'm sticking to cotton.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. It’s like sleeping in a baggie.

Honored Contributor
I also agree, I bought a set and tried them, they have already been donated.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I also do not care for them.  Because the fabric is cheap, the workmanship on the sheets is also poor on the ones I've seen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Even fleece jackets hold moisture on me and I can’t imagine anything worse than sheets like this.

Honored Contributor

My sister in law bought some, and they pilled within a month.  They felt really soft at first, but after a few washes, they didn't hold up.

Honored Contributor

I got a set of free microfiber sheets when I bought my new mattress.  After sleeping on them for about a week I donated them.  I agree they are awful.  I like 100% cotton sheets.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I think it depends on the grade of microfiber. I'm a hot sleeper and I like the ones we have. Of course, it probably also depends on the type of blanket (if any) and type of bed covering. I eliminate the blanket if I have the microfiber sheets and the DB spread on the bed. We like it cool temps so that is probably a factor.

Honored Contributor

The 2 sets of sheets that I have, that I love, are 40% microfiber and 60% 1000tc cotton------I paid $50 for full sized and there were 4 pillow cases with each set. The micro fiber makes it easy to wash and dry without shrinking the cotton and the feel is so soft and smooth and cool. I got one set from Wayfair, I think and then one set last year from Evine---

Esteemed Contributor

Can only sleep on cotton sheets. I get enough night sweats don’t need sheets to make it worse.