Honored Contributor

Does anyone use these products?  Kitchen and bath are being completely renovated and I want to make sure I'm using good products w/o chemicals and such.  Gentle but thorough products.  Prices seem reasonable but if they don't perform it's useless.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Method Cleaning Products

@rms1954 

I've used just about everything they make for a long time.  For my purposes, they work great.

However, it is just me and my husband and my house/bathroom never get a chance to get "dirty."  I clean things on a frequent basis, not just weekly.  There isn't any heavy grime to go after.

Mostly I like the scents and non-chemical aspect of them.  I use their floor cleaner to steam clean my hardwood floors and they are still beautiful after 30 years.

Laundry detergent is gentle and works fine for me, spray cleaners, dish detergent...all get things clean enough for me.

If your starting fresh, you shouldn't need anything to go after heavy grime.

Honored Contributor

You might want to consider the Honest brand.

At my house we are very happy with this product.

I've never considered Method.

honest spray.jpg

@rms1954 wrote:

Does anyone use these products?  Kitchen and bath are being completely renovated and I want to make sure I'm using good products w/o chemicals and such.  Gentle but thorough products.  Prices seem reasonable but if they don't perform it's useless.

Honored Contributor

I use them but truthfully the only one Iike is the Almond Daily Wood cleaner.  I have but don't like the other ones for kitchen & bathroom.  They don't really leave it feeling clean.  My housekeeper doesn't like using them either, but does like the Almond Daily Wood cleaner.  Both she & I prefer Fabuloso for kitchen & bathroom, or good ole' Clorox.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@rms1954    I like "Ever Spring" products at Target.  Wipes, counter spray, dish soap, etc.  About four different scents are offered.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman Thanks.  I plan on using things daily before any grime builds up.  That's why I'm looking for something gentle.  My husand is awful at leaving messes.  I'm the opposite.  He can't stand that I clean so much.  But since I'm doing it all I plan on it being more constant.  I've waited 25 years for this Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@software @Katcat1 I will check those product suggestions also.  Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 

DH knows I'm a clean freak and germaphobe so he never says a word Cat LOL

I had housekeepers every two weeks for a long time (when I worked and into retirement), but they have not come into my home since early March.  Likely, I will not have them return as I'm OK with keeping my own house now.  I have plenty of time. 

In fact, they also cleaned the garage bathroom which is the exclusive domain of DH.  Now, I handle it every week and, I must say, he's pretty tidy.  If I cleaned it every few days, he'd like say something, so....I limit it to once a week.

He rarely if ever uses the inside bathrooms (still works in construction and comes home pretty dirty).

My own bathrooms get wiped down every couple of days. 

I will confess to still having a weakness for Lysol products and use them in my toilet every other time.  And, in my kitchen sink.

You can always shop around for the some of the things mentioned here and decide which works best for you.

I'm sure having a new kitchen and bathroom is a delight.

Enjoy them!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Other than being cruelty free, I'm not a big fan of their products.  Still has harsh ingredients and heavily scented.

I've used their granite cleaner (Our Daily Granite) and it makes my throat raspy every time.  Same for the shower spray.

The wood cleaner (Wood for Good) isn't as bad.  Heavy scents aren't necessary!

Had to buy their dish liquid for the kitchen sinks and it has sulftates and is really hard on your hands, if you ask me. 

Same for the bathroom hand soap pumps.  Only reason I get it is because it comes in foaming versions which is better for my young grandchildren to wash with.

I like 7th Generation or Nature's Promise brands for cleaning the bathrooms and the kitchen.  Cruely free, plant based and very lightly scented, if scented at all.

Respected Contributor

I like the Method toilet bowl cleaner.   I've tried so many different brands and this one seems to work for me.    My only complaint is that I wish it was a little thicker.  It tends to be a little runny.