Super Contributor

Re: Master Bedroom Decoration

On 3/10/2014 brii said:

I make the bed every day. It only takes a few minutes. I can't imagine walking into my bedroom and seeing a messy, unmade bed.

No offense to pet owners, but I can't imagine sleeping with pets. That kind of sleeves me out.

I NEVER make my bed 1st thing in the a.m. .... everything I've read says to let it 'air out' unless you change the linens DAILY.

And I can't imagine NOT sleeping with my furbabies! Even when my dh was still alive, we had the cats and poodle with us.

Honored Contributor

I have three goldens, they sleep with me, my hubby passed away last april, so it is me,and the dogs, I use a comforter cover,over my down comforter, in summer I use quilts, if you have a homegoods store,they get in pretty quilts.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I began putting an old sheet on top of the blanket or comforter when I had cats, and though they are gone now, I continue the habit for the dogs, so every morning, I just pull the covers up, and that is that. No one sees the bed but us.

Honored Contributor

Quilts with a dust 'ruffle' (though it need not be ruffled...) works best for me. It's far easier to turn everything back up and leave the bed neat. When I need extra warmth a blanket over the quilt is fine and I leave it folded across the bottom of the bed during the daytime.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I try to make the bed as soon as I get up. I cannot stand it not made! We use a quilt that we turn down and just cover with a sheet and down blanket. Our cats love to join us but they are very clean plus quilts are easy to wash. We love it when a cat snuggles up to us!

Respected Contributor

I have a beautiful Bates bedspread on my bed and put one of those fluffy blankets that QVC sold a zillion of over the holidays on top of it. My cat sleeps with me and loves the blanket. The blanket itself is so lightweight until it doesn't bother me. The bedspread is really heavy (It's the Martha Washington one) and I love how clean and neat the bed looks. Easy to pull together in the mornings.

Respected Contributor

I roll mine down to the bottom of the bed and tuck it between the mattress and the wooden footboard. It looks so pretty all made up, I usually make it every day, but all the pillows coordinate with my furniture I the living room, so I sometimes leave them there....I think if I had four legged babies, I would have them sleep with me too.Especially three GOLDENS (: they are such sweethearts......hafta get me some one of these days (:
Super Contributor

evykim, we have a king size bed, too, so I know what you mean!

I have a comforter I love but it's so heavy. It also has to be dry cleaned so I packed it away last spring and never took it out this winter. I love the dust ruffle that matches it and the shams and valances, too. I have never liked bedspreads because they usually fall to the floor and I like the side rails on our poster bed to show.

My solution was a coverlet! I found a gorgeous one called Charleston in a solid color that coordinates with my dust ruffle, etc. that is all cotton and washes like a dream. It's much less cumbersome than either a heavy comforter or bed spread and gives me the look I prefer.

Have fun with your room, only you need to love it!