Super Contributor

Re: Making a Grand Entrance...

I do appreciate a nice entry however I do not like the stairs right there when you open the door.  If you have a guest who has a mobility issue, they may be unable to maneuver that small level area.  Also coming down the stairs which have two different finishes (wood and then stone) I know I wouldn't feel safe knowing I would miss the stone steps which are too pale in comparison to the darker wood steps.  Maybe because I am older now but I look at safety as well as appearance.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the staircase, but can't figure the doors.  It doesn't seem like there is a molding for them to fit in when closed.  It also looks like the left door is going to hit the bottom step.

Honored Contributor

very pretty, and I would also add a splash of color!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely beautiful....I love all the wrought iron, especially the balusters.  My only change would be to add a splash of color either with artwork, different vase and/or a little paint on the walls.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

The look is beautiful. I like the design in the door and railing,  but the stairs are so close to the door!   I can imagine falling down the steep steps. Must be a townhouse. 
   My foyer is flagstone (slate) and huge. There is a spiral staircase to the left as you enter and the living room Is straight ahead. Only one studio room is upstairs. 
   My staircase is wood and has railings on both sides. It's still hard to get large items upstairs. Over the balcony is best! 
    🏘  🏡 🏠 🚪🛋 🪞 🖼

Honored Contributor

I like it, but I'm also a bit concerned, as others mentioned, about the proximity of the stairs to the door. I would love to see the rest of the foyer, or maybe see it from another angle to determine how much space there truly is. I'd substitute a green plant for the large urn. 

Honored Contributor

Beautiful entrance!!! The doors are gorgeous and I like how they compliment the stairs...lovely!!

Respected Contributor

It's a pretty entrance but a tad too formal for me.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb   perfection.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful staircase.

kindness is strength