Honored Contributor

Re: Making Small Rooms Look Larger

@kaydee50 wrote:

I hate mirros like that.  I've seen several apartments online that have an entire wall of mirrors and that would be an instant deal breaker for me.

@kaydee50 

I know the look you're referring to.  They were certainly a bad idea.  Love the framed mirror, totally different.

Honored Contributor

I love the mirrors in the photos, so far.

Also, a floor to almost ceiling mirror is nice in a small-ish indoor entry way (foyer).  Really 'expands' (so to speak) the space. 

Also, large mirrors (when placed in the right place) reflect the daylight from windows.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@jubilant 

Such a pretty look.  Love, love the frame.

I first saw large mirrows used in a bedroom in Ethan Allen show room.  They also had a large print of Lancelot and Gwenivere in the castle.  So pretty.

Years later, I tried to find the print to go with my tester bed, but I can't.

Esteemed Contributor

I love large LEANING mirrors and the fact that the frame on this one blends into the wall is a real plus for me.

Respected Contributor

No. Do not like the idea. I do not want to look at myself in the living room. LOL. I really have no need to make a room look larger. If it is small I know it. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant   I have one small bathroom with a wall to wall mirror, and the room really does look much larger.

Esteemed Contributor

No...don't care for this look and, IMHO, it(they) does nothing to make the (any) room appear larger.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I'm another one who loves a large leaning traditional mirror.  Because they are so wildly fashionable right now, you can find so many beautiful different iterations of them.

That's a very pretty look, @jubilant ,  and I like what you can see of the room reflected in it-- lovely colors and looks comfortable.

Also love the leaning gilt mirrors you posted, another great look that instantly confers glamour and richness....

Honored Contributor

That mirror is awesome and yes it will make your room look larger. I love a white sofa but I would not want the cleaning costs.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I don't see the necessity of the mirror in this beautiful room.  To me it doesn't have enough space in itself to add anything other than a very close reflection.