Re: Mackenzie-Childs Royal Check

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I really love this. 

Honored Contributor

@annespan wrote:

Hey, Colliemom4 and Blackhole99, if you re still hankering for a gorgeous cake carrier come June, you will be able to pick up one @ 25% off during M-C's annual Flower Market Sale!  Woman Happy  Still a bit steep I know but this is a very unique and versatile piece.   I would have scooped one up myself but I don't really have good space to store/display it.  Maybe I will come up with a spot between now and June lol.

@annespan  Thanks! I really don't have anywhere to display it either but I would still like to have one. I'll be looking for the sale. It is more than I'd like to pay but definitely better than full price.

Respected Contributor

Saw this McKenzie post and was curious. Lovely designs.
Is this a new designer with kitchen goodies?
Reminds me of my beloved Mary Engelbreit. So loved her pics and things.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey Twins Mom, M-C has been around since the early 1990's IIRC.  They have a website where you can view their entire collection which is huge and includes furniture pieces in addition to a slew of decorative and kitchen goodies.  Neiman Marcus and Horchow are very solid retailers of M-C and you will usually find better eBates/Mr. Rebates cashback offers for them than for M-C itself.  The Evine shopping channel has a broad selection and does not particpate on any rebate platforms but they offer 6 installment payments and free shipping when M-C is on air with them; Evine also offers some 3 for 4 deals on enamelware items such as mugs when M-C is on the air.  The prices of M-C sure can be a bit of a gasp lol but you might find some that are very lovely and unique which speak to you.  Woman Happy  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was watching and noticed the color differences too between items.  I think the teapot was a dark almost navy blue and the mugs looked much lighter.  Anyhow, during one presentation the woman who sells them mentioned that at first they were painting the items darker blue but after thinking about it they were concerned it would look too much like the black checkerboard pattern that they sell so they decided to lighten it up.  I guess that would explain why one item is really dark blue and others are much lighter.  Personally I don't collect this stuff but I liked the darker color myself.

Respected Contributor

@ annespan
Thank you for thorough information, 😀