Super Contributor

Mackenzie-Childs Royal Check

Hey there,M-C Fans!   Has anyone purchased any items in Royal Check pattern since M-C debuted it earlier this year? 

I have been spying on them during Evine shows all weekend.  Since we were travelling and I was using my tablet on Friday and Saturday, I chalked up color variations to my tablet display.  But I am home today and looking at them on my laptop and on TV and I still see variations in color between items.  The blue looks almost cobalt on the tea kettles and almost chambray on the mugs.  On the plates the shade looks somewhere in between, leaning darker and on the canisters it looks somewhere in between, leaning lighter.   

I would like to work this sharp pattern into my collection but the darker shades would not work so well.  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed variations in shade or if I need to up my Lutein intake haha.  Thanks! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Mackenzie-Childs Royal Check

@annespan   I love the royal check too, but already have courtly check and white flower market so I'm resisting the temptation to get any of the royal check.

I would look on the Neiman Marcus site - it has a lot of the royal check and based on those pictures, it all appears to be a lighter blue.  It might be the lights on Evine or your TV that makes it look slightly darker.

Also, if interested in any, I would recommend getting from Neiman Marcus because it's shipping free (both ways), the same price as Evine (other then the couple of specials that Evine is running which might not include the new royal check pattern), plus you can get 10% on Ebates.   And that extra 10% can add up quickly when buying anything MacKenzie Childs!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Regular Contributor

I also noticed the shade variations in the Royal Check and it stopped me from purchasing.  Not like I needed anything new, just wanted it because it was new. 

Super Contributor

Thanks for the tip, CAcableGirl!  During last year's annual Flower Market sale I ended up doing my shopping on Neiman -- I don't think the rebate was quite as sweet as right now, but it was very good, IIRC @ 7%.  Evine is a good source for the 4-piece combos when they only charge for 3 pieces -- which they def were not doing with Royal Check this weekend lol!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@annespan    McKenzie-Childs checks are handpainted.  I have some pieces in the parchment check, and they all vary in shade.  I'm sure the Royal Check is the same.  You would need to pick them out in a store if you wanted them all the same shade.  However, if you  order them from Neiman Marcus the shipping is free both ways.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@annespan 

I also could see the great disparity in color of the Royal, loved it especially in the light color.

Please, Please, Please don't let me collect anything else.

Respected Contributor

I think the color is very pretty but I adore the Flower Market design so much more!

I try to buy a new piece each time.

Yes, it is a true shopping addiction.

Honored Contributor

I have two tea kettles and would love the covered cake carrier, but I don't think it's worth 195.00. Of course that has never stopped me before.LOL

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I have two tea kettles and would love the covered cake carrier, but I don't think it's worth 195.00. Of course that has never stopped me before.LOL

@blackhole99  I want one of those covered cake carriers too. A friend has one and I love it!

Super Contributor

Hey, Colliemom4 and Blackhole99, if you re still hankering for a gorgeous cake carrier come June, you will be able to pick up one @ 25% off during M-C's annual Flower Market Sale!  Woman Happy  Still a bit steep I know but this is a very unique and versatile piece.   I would have scooped one up myself but I don't really have good space to store/display it.  Maybe I will come up with a spot between now and June lol.