Honored Contributor

Has any one used this on furniture ,and was it hard to do ?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I painted a toy chest for my granddaughter many years ago....it was a beatiful blue, I had a custom cushion made for the top....anyway the paint was easy to apply.

What are you painting....just curious, I love paint!

Honored Contributor

Thinking of doing a cabinet i have ,bought it 17 yrs ago ,back then i could afford ethan allen  over the years the bottom part has been damaged by puppies years ago ,and when i moped the tile floor with vinegar it splashed on it and has faded it,i use to paint small things,but not very good at it,i heard doing milk paint and chalk paint is easy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest....I have heard that chalk paint is easy especially if you want to distress the piece but I think you need to top it off with a wax...I have not used it.

It sounds like you need to sand and maybe fill in the spots that the dog scratched up....you don't have to use milk paint...just find a paint color you like (I like Sherwin Williams paint)  depending on the finish on your piece of furniture you might have to sand back the factory top coat or prime with Kilz.

Have fun, I enjoy painting furniture!

Contributor

I recently finished a milk paint project. I used Miss Mustard Seed's milk paint in Layla's Mint which is mint green and gorgeous. The paint is VOC and safe no nasty chemicals. 

On unfinished surfaces you can just paint, but if you are doing pre-finished surfaces then you need to lightly sand them. Also, you have to buy a paint additive (the name escapes me but their website videos give steps) to the first coat. You need to mix the dry paint with a certain amount of water. It takes a little practice to make sure the paint is mixed right. The cabinet I started with was totally ugly but now it looks like a dream. The paint was expensive for sure. And I still have to apply the furniture polish stuff they suggest at the end of the drying. Do some research, and be patient. 

This is not your typical ready to use paint. It arrives in powder form, dry.