Respected Contributor

How do you clean marble countertops in the bathroom?  TIA

Honored Contributor

If it's truly marble and not granite....  make sure the surface is sealed (same with granite and wood)....

Don't use anything with acid or lemon juice. Shake gently to mix the soap and water. Spray the counterwith the dish soap solution: Spray the countertop lightly with the warm dish soap solution. Wipe with a hot, wet dish cloth: Wipe the soapy water off thecounter with a wet dish cloth. May 1, 2014/Google

https://www.pledge.com/en-us/products/pledge-multi-surface-everyday-cleaner?cid=SEM_G_+marble%20+cou...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Also, never leave it wet. Dry it off after you're done...I know, pain in the butt.

Super Contributor

I use Bona products, cleanser and sealer.  The sealer is absolutely a must!  Prior poster recommends a soap and water mix for cleansing.  That's a good idea, too.  But.  SEALER for sure.  Marble is so porous.  It came with my vanity, fortunately in the powder room, so it's not overused.  I have to be very careful not to leave damp things on it, including flower vases, unless they are sitting on coasters.  It looks very pretty, but marble would never be my first choice!  (I have granite in the kitchen and quartz in other bathrooms.    Both are easy and lovely surfaces)

Respected Contributor

I did not know Bona made a cleanser for marble.  Thanks for the heads up.  I know, I know...marble was not the direction I was going in for my master bathroom.  But when I found that slab, it was perfect for the look I was going for.  It's all creams, neutrals/beige.  I'm gearing up for another bathroom remodel and already picked a quartz.