Trusted Contributor

Re: Luminara Candles -- how long do they last?

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, thanks, @itsmetoo!  So thoughtful of you to post this suggestion.  We kept trying to position the candle very "straight", thinking it might be the type of problem you describe,

But your dime solution makes sense!  We will try it, even though like you I find it annoying that we have to make up for the deficiencies in the manufacturing process, given the high cost of these items!

@Oznell

You're welcome! Please let me know if it works. Even if your candle itself is straight it may not matter (mine was straight) because it may not be straight on the 'inside' if that makes sense. At any rate, trying the dime on one end of the candle is worth a try.Good luck! 

Respected Contributor

I have had the best luck with the sets of 5 or 6 from Costco. They have the realistic flame and still going strong after several years. I think the brand is Belkin. They even come with good batteries. I think they have new ones that just came out and you can change the colors with the remotes. I burn a real wax candle daily in my breakfast room,  but love these at the top of our stairs and in the bathrooms at night; kinder on the eyes than a bright nightlight. I love seeing them come on in the evenings. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have about 20 of them and I think maybe one has gone bad.  I love them.  I don't use them during the summer.  Start using them in the fall and thru the winter.  I always use the timers.

One thing I have found is the ones that take C or D batteries last much longer.  I do have some votive size that take AA batteries and they go out sooner than the C.

Also, after I don't use them starting in the spring, I remove the batteries.  I keep them separate from the new batteries and put them back in when fall starts.  That way if there's any life left in them, I get the full use.