Contributor

Finally received my throw I ordered. I can tell it's a return.The blanket is all smashed  into a bag. I took it out and it smells. So I am guessing this definitely is a return. Come on QVC you should send a customer a new one. Especially if it smells. Very dissappointed. 

Respected Contributor

It would be most helpful if you wrote this in a review. I never buy anything anymore without reading reviews.

Trusted Contributor

@friendscafe I have received many new items that are not sent very neatly. Many items are just tossed in a bag. In addition, there can be many factors causing a "smell". Manufacturing smells are often on items sent by mail as they cannot air them out as a brick and mortar store can. Does the throw label state machine wash? If so, it won't hurt to try to wash it and see if the scent comes out. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @friendscafe I am so sorry you are disappointed in the blanket. Please return it using the prepaid return label and I will comment your order not to charge for the return label. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Honored Contributor

@friendscafe wrote:

Finally received my throw I ordered. I can tell it's a return.The blanket is all smashed  into a bag. I took it out and it smells. So I am guessing this definitely is a return. Come on QVC you should send a customer a new one. Especially if it smells. Very dissappointed. 

@friendscafe 

You can tell if it was a previous return by the label on the bag.

Packaged at the factory, the labels are a longer rectangle with a bold item number.

If it was a return and repackaged, the label would be square and no bold print.

Contributor

Thank you QVC for addressing my problem with the LUG throw. My daughter really loved it and after looking it over I didn't see any defects. It did smell. I washed it and the smell is gone. So with that I will be keeping it. I have shopped with the Q for many, many years and this is the first time I have received what I believe is a return. I have bought purses as is and was very lucky because they were like new. I could tell someone took them out of the box and knew it wasn't for them and shipped it back. All the stuffing and plastice on the handles still attached. I felt very lucky for this. Again, thank you for your offer of a prepaid label.