Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

That is cute,but I am claustrophobic.

Trusted Contributor

Oh no....those steps going up to the “bedroom”...crazy dangerous. 

And... if that is a bathroom toward the back with the miniature sink....I guess they don’t care about privacy with nothing over the window.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Low Budget Tiny House

[ Edited ]

Oh no - to each his own but I prefer more living space.  This still looks like a work in progress besides how small it is.  I've watched the show Tiny House on HGTV & for the life of me am always aghast when a family of 5 can live in something that small.  I would love to see how each of these families are still doing there in 5 years.....

Honored Contributor

They're talking about building these low-budget tiny houses here for a "homeless village".  There are places that already have them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Nothing about that place looks comfortable.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

They may be interesting oddities to look at but I think they are a horrible idea! Are there really people who are happy in a space so small they can’t turn around? Is it even healthy?

I’ve heard they are building a tiny home community for families near here. I just can’t see it being a good idea. 

Esteemed Contributor

This looks perfect for the guy (or gal) who wants a weekend getaway to hunt, fish, or commune with nature. From the looks of it, I doubt most anyone would want to live in it year round, but I think it does have some uses.

Honored Contributor

Another house with those horrible steps...this might be ok for a weekend getaway on a lake or something like that for people who could sleep in that bed......but regular steps would have to be put in.

I also wouldn't trust myself or anyone else in that bed. You could fall off  the bed and it looks like it could collapse...this is not for me. I don't think this is up to code anywhere in the US.

Honored Contributor

Looks like a play house for kids.