Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Lots and Lots of Blue...

OH no.   I love shades of blue but that is awful.

Respected Contributor

Blue being my fav color, well, this room is just NOPE.  Blue has been over used & room is not my style at all.  It's also very cluttered looking.

Honored Contributor

There's hardly any room on the table for dinnerware and cutlery and the floor-length tablecloth is an accident waiting to happen.

The lamps and huge plant are just silly.

The only good thing about it is that you could ignore the people on the opposite side, if you didn't like them!

👎

Honored Contributor

Like the chairs and buffet. Take away the curtains, all the lamps and the big green plant on the table and I think you would have something.  

Honored Contributor

I've often said that as pretty a color as blue is, I'm not a big fan of it for interiors other than for accessories. Still, I think this room has a lot of potential, it simply needs paring down. The blue and white lamps on the table need to be moved to the buffet and the pretty blue lamp on the buffet can be moved elsewhere in the room. Given the excess, one feels certain there's another piece of furniture somewhere else in the room for that pretty lamp. I'd also suggest either the curtains or the wallpaper needs to go and since there appears to be a piece of upholstered furniture in the foreground covered in the curtain fabric, I'd suggest it's the wallpaper that can exit. Unlike some, I sort of like the ceiling light but would opt for something less obtrusive. I might also consider a solid rug. Alternatively, one could choose either to keep the wallpaper or remove it, keep the rug, which I like a lot, but replace the curtains with simple white sheers, which would help to absorb all that color.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

For me too many different patterns, dont like the lamps, an dont care for the chandeliers either....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I love blue but this is overload.