Super Contributor

Does anyone know where I might buy a 5 foot lighted ficus tree? I would like it for my patio, and I have searched the internet, there are plenty of ficus trees, just not lit ones. The only lit one I found was $182.00 Yikes!

Honored Contributor

@nanny24    Wouldn't it be easier and less expensive to just but a ficus tree and string some clear Christians lights on it?  Such a simple thing to do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@nanny24 Do you have an At Home? This is the kind of thing they would stock. I have bought many artificial plants and trees there in the past (even when they were formerly known as Garden Ridge.)

It may be a little bit early for them to have their Spring inventory in place. Maybe check in mid-February or early March. Good luck in your quest.

Honored Contributor

Are you looking for a fake tree?  I would do as @Kachina624 suggested and buy a real ficus tree and string with Christmas lights.  It would probably be less expensive and it would certainly be more envionmentally-friendly.

Contributor

I liked all the trees that Valerie was selling but they were so expensive.  I had ordered from Amazon for many items in the past so I pulled up artificial trees and I ordered a tree with fall leaves and one with only lights for my porch.  You will find the prices are more affordable.  I also put a Cardinal bird on a limb.  They had one with cherry blossoms for spring.  I have the trees on a timer and it brightens the front porch.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@nanny24    Wouldn't it be easier and less expensive to just but a ficus tree and string some clear Christians lights on it?  Such a simple thing to do.

@Kachina624 @nanny24     Thrift stores have artificial plants, too.   As Kachina suggested, add your own lights -- and you have a real bargain!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

I have had an artificial ficus tree for years.  I think mine is 6 feet.  I wrapped miniature electric lights around the trunk of the tree because it was easier than doing the branches.  It really lights up the corner of my living room and I am able to use a remote.  For added measure, I added a bird to a branch!  Good luck on finding your tree.