Esteemed Contributor

Not enough natural light.  I hope the blue tape around the window, to the left of the bed as we see it in the photo, means they are going to add an opening.  That would be the whole point of a vaulted ceiling such as this (much money to do).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

The room looks cluttered and filled with fiddly little pieces of "stuff" to me.  It needs fewer, bigger, and some darker colors to "hold down" the floor.  It's just little pieces of things and bland colors.  There is no connection between the parts.

Looks like a lot of wasted space.  And the light fixture is way too delicate and wispy for the space. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think the bed is the only thing that fits the scale of the room.

Valued Contributor

The light fixture reminds me of a Daddy Long Legs Spider. I do like the pictures and the bed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's Discuss SCALE

[ Edited ]

I guess I could probably live with the scale of items mentioned except the light fixture just needs to go. Period. And the bedside tables don't need to match but they need to be roughly the same dimensions and these aren't. Personally, the room doesn't do much for me, though I do like the painted orange desk. Whoever did this room needs a primer on use of accessories. These just seem to be tossed out there, don't seem to suit the space and aren't particularly appealing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I keep looking at this picture and trying to concentrate on scale, but this is such a mishmash of styles and unrelated items and so off balance. The pitch of the ceiling causing the odd shaped wall behind the bed calls for a complete do over of this room.  It could be a unique room but the scale and everything in the room is just off.

Trusted Contributor

@ Lolakimono, The prints over bed to small.Tables next to bed need to go along with dust ruffle. Let's start by removing everything but bed. Think we could use the light fixture. Perhaps. Prov

Esteemed Contributor

I think the scale is fine.  I don't like the light fixture, in fact I don't really like the room.  But as far as the scale, it seems okay to me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

This would be acceptable in a lodge, not for me, though.  

Looks like the peak of the roof is not centered in the room, so the furniture arrangement looks off center, but actually, it is centered in the room.

So many interior designers fail to add furniture for storing clothes and lamps or suitable lighting for reading in bedrooms.  

As for the scale, the furniture looks fine for the size of the room.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like it all but I think the ceiling apsquashes the room and ruins the light fixture. Otherwise a nice room.