Honored Contributor

What do you think about the scale of the items in the room?

For instance-

the light fixture to the room

the artwork to the headboard

the bedside tables to the bed

the area rugs to the furniture

Honored Contributor

The scale works in that room.

I don't like the room, but it works.  It must be a big room because of the size of the light fixutre.

I can't tell if that's a wall hanging or a curtain.  I hope it's not a curtain or a shade.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's Discuss SCALE

[ Edited ]

The scale works for placement  ... although I don't much care for the light fixture ... the bedding reminds me of a Logo top, really not attrative; don't like the bench ... love the desk, the color and placement in relationship to the bed.   The ceiling ... like walking upside down.

Respected Contributor

Re: Let's Discuss SCALE

[ Edited ]

First, I do not like the room...... it looks like a room with a rustic ceiling was filled with leftovers that do not work with that ceiling.....Fixture is modern, rest of furniture is many different styles that do not do the architecture justice!  The proportion of furniture, wall decoration, etc. to room space do not work for my eye! It is out of balance!

Valued Contributor

I'd go bigger on all but the nightstands...which I would actually scrap. Truthfully, I'd scrap the whole thing. It would also bother me that the bed isn't underneath the highest point of the peak...but that's just my ocd...lol

Honored Contributor

I found another view-

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

The bed and nightstands should be spaced better on that wall; however the room is not centered around the highest point in the ceiling. Ceiling seems off.

Im not a decorator by any means but this particular room doesn’t appeal to me.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor