Honored Contributor

Not long ago I had copied a duvet with matching sheets, pillowcases and shams at a high price.  Here comes Target - $49 foor the duvet with shams for full/queen and $59 for king.  There are also sheets & pillowcases to match at a separate price which I believe is $49 for the sheets, etc.  There are 8 colors to choose from.  In the photo below the sheets are white but you can get the sheets in green to match.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Not long ago I had copied a duvet with matching sheets, pillowcases and shams at a high price.  Here comes Target - $49 foor the duvet with shams for full/queen and $59 for king.  There are also sheets & pillowcases to match at a separate price which I believe is $49 for the sheets, etc.  There are 8 colors to choose from.  In the photo below the sheets are white but you can get the sheets in green to match.

@Katcat1 I think yours might be nicer than this.  I recall you posting something about it, don't I?  Did you not get yours at Peacock Alley or someplace like that?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Leave it to Target

[ Edited ]

I've been ordering 100% cotton percale sheets and duvet from Amazon because I like the crisp cool "hotel" sheet in my home.  I only use white because it's a pain to try to match other colors.  This is interesting!  Are targets sheets cotton and a crisp percale or are they "soft" or "sateen" which I find to be too warm.  I know that percale can be a bit wrinkled and initially rough but it's what I grew up with and sleep the best in 

Respected Contributor

Many years ago I ordered a custom chair from Ethan Allen.

Walked into Sams and there was a chair unholstered in the exact same fabric. I always hated that chair.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday    Actually, I just liked the color and was contemplaing on whether to purchases and I did not.  Yes, the first expensive brand was much nicer but this is a good wanna be especially when you are on a budget.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@granddi 

Likely, your post was just about the style or comfort of your chair.

Just wanted to share that although Ethan Allen manufactured their own furniture, they did not weave fabrics.  Waverly is one major fabric line they use.

EA wanted me when I was going to retire from teaching, but I didn't want the stress of placing orders and went into clothing for the faster pace.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@granddi 

Likely, your post was just about the style or comfort of your chair.

Just wanted to share that although Ethan Allen manufactured their own furniture, they did not weave fabrics.  Waverly is one major fabric line they use.

EA wanted me when I was going to retire from teaching, but I didn't want the stress of placing orders and went into clothing for the faster pace.

It was just a occassional side chair. The one in Sams was not identical in style, size just the same fabric. 

You must be very talented to be offered a position at EA.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Many years ago I ordered a custom chair from Ethan Allen.

Walked into Sams and there was a chair unholstered in the exact same fabric. I always hated that chair.

@granddi 

With the 1990s approaching and furniture all (including Ethan Allen going the cheap way of China), none of the good brands were any longer select in their fabrics.  My mother always said "when you start seeing it at K-Mart (she was pre Walmart and Sam's), it's out of style, don't buy it.  It's mass-produced.  Buyer, beware."

Respected Contributor

Love Target!

Frequent Contributor

I fell in love with Ethan Allen furniture in the 70's.

Purchased a wing back recliner in the early '80's    Paid $500 for it, a lot of money for a chair .    I still have it, in fact I'm sitting in it as I type this out.