Honored Contributor

Re: LUXE "PEONY" GLASS VASE W/ SPARKLE FOLIAGE ON SALE NOW

After much thought, Oznell, I ordered the vase!!!!!  It is just too pretty to pass up and even though I don't need it, I thought of places to put it in my house and also I will enjoy buying certain floral arrangements for it and decorating!  

Honored Contributor

@spiderw, that is too exciting!  I know how much thought and agonizing goes into decisions like that-- I'm always weighing pros and cons too.

But this is such a beautiful, and I fully expect, highly versatile item, that you will get to be very creative with-- lots of fun possibilities...

This is just too much fun.  @phluphy mentioned in the Hoot Owl thread that she is ordering it too (at least I'm pretty sure that's the vase and stems she was referring to).

You always give such comprehensive reviews of items, so I'm very much looking forward to hearing all!  Now to decide if I should ask for it for Christmas...... very tempting!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank  you oznell for your link to the utube video.   I saw it here on QVC but this video really showed the vase so much better.   I'm thinking of maybe ordering another to put on either side of the mantle.   Not sure though if it might be too much ,   Have to give it more thought.  The price is so good right now though.   

Honored Contributor

I think you should ask for it for Christmas since it is obvious you love the vase as you did the checkered owls!!!!!  However, I would understand why you would hesitate because of room or trying to down size a bit.  Oh how we struggle with such things!  LOL

My mother up until she was in her fifties treated herself to antiques.  She came from poverty, an immigrant family but along the way she was given a Limoges Lamp from a close family friend and she was on her way!  Many times my sister and I would accompany her to favorite antique stores where we lived.

Enjoy whatever your choice!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell 

This is very pretty & dainty looking.  I can picture the vase filled with different seasonal foiliage or other styles.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore,  how striking that would be, wow!  Twice the drama.  But once you get it home, you'll be able to tell probably right away if you want to go with a pair, or not.  It makes such a difference to see things in person.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it when it arrives!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Kitty Galore,  how striking that would be, wow!  Twice the drama.  But once you get it home, you'll be able to tell probably right away if you want to go with a pair, or not.  It makes such a difference to see things in person.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it when it arrives!

@Oznell    In my mind I can see it,   But you are so right that I would have to see it placed.    I am such a visual person I need to actually see something in the location I'm thinking of and then I would  be able to decide right away .   I do know I wouldn't put anything else except the two vases on either end would make more of a statement.  There is a large mirror over the mantle in a champagne border .   I ordered the gold as it is more of a champagne gold ,  so I feel that would  reflect them well.    Have to say the vase was what drew me to it ,  never saw anything like it before .   If it had been a plain glass vase without that Aurora boureills treatment it would not have been as impressive IMO.

Will post once they arrive 😺

Honored Contributor

Exactly, @Kitty Galore --  for me it was the vase too, love that glass.  That champagne-y gold stems would be my choice also-- versatile and soft.

The mirror and mantle idea sounds so striking!  You'll have so much fun trying out different things...

Frequent Contributor

Pretty and affordable! 

Esteemed Contributor

well one arrived ,  the other should be here tomorrow.   It arrived in a very large box very well protected.   The vase is Stunning !    And very heavy as well .   It is a beautiful shape ,   Its unlike any glass I've ever seen ,  it glows in a elegant way !   The stems are very well made with just the right amount of glitter not garish at all.     They are a champagne color.  If anyone is on the fence don't be it's simply lovely!!!