Super Contributor

Re: LISA R'S CLOCHE DECORATED.

On 9/10/2014 snickster said:

If I misunderstood your meaning, then I apologize to you.

Nay, it's okay, just don't want you or anybody to think I'm a hater, when I was having a "funny" !!

All is well, friend ! Smile

Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 9/10/2014 hopeQ1 said:

Snickster, I'm sorry you misinterpreted my post. I wasn't being NASTY, that wasn't my point at all !

I'm just so blown away by the number of people who feel compelled to decorate with their cloche, which Lisa did make a big deal out of selling, and then they all posted pictures of it as if they were all bragging as if saying "Look at me, look at mine" ! Home decor items are sold all year long, but Lisa has gone overboard with her cloche item, as if it was a big push to get it out there. she wrote about it a lot, took pictures, and obviously stirred up a lot of publicity about it. More than usual items throughout the year or any holiday items. Now it's a contest almost.

I got tickled at the number of homes now that have new cloche's, which probably wouldn't, if Lisa hadn't done her big selling job ! They weren't cheap either ! So, she did her job well !! But I fail to see why everyone feels the need to get theirs advertised on the forums, almost like it's a contest to see who made the prettiest !

Trust me, I have NOTHING against decorating, I think it's nice as long as it's tasteful and not overdone, certainly not like the Griswold's.

My thoughts are more about human nature, societal trends, marketing, and the results of electronic trends and sales, and Lisa's ability to sell a certain item, more than you think it was a NASTY attack on any particular person.

I guess if you can't relay an opinion without people being able to hear emotion, voice inflection, etc., your personality isn't going to come across as you intended it to. My bad. Sorry.

But I still think it's funny! Smile{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Fair enough. Sorry if I took it the wrong way. I'm not into the cloche thing, either. How much do those go for, anyway?

You know, I'm not real sure of the price, I'm going on memory so I could be WAY off. Someone here enlighten me please. I thought they were somewhere in the $ 60.00 plus range, but I could be very wrong. They are pretty , if that is your desire.

I would croak if it was that expensive and I cracked it or broke it. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

P.S. BTW, Bandwagon.... I so agree with your statement about Nick and Alberti !!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

That's so pretty, lucymo! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Esteemed Contributor

hopeQ1, I have not seen other posters' photos of Lisa's cloche. Can you please share links to those threads? It would certainly help me to understand your focus on the Lisa cloche if you could share them. I've seen lots of photos of cloches posted here through the years. I posted a lot of them recently that I found on Pinterest. I have not seen Lisa's posted until this thread.

Respected Contributor

On 9/10/2014 whitelinen said: Wow so rude. Think the junior high group has invaded the forum again. Lucy your cloche is very sweet. Sorry fr the nasty comment just put him/her on invisible status. I did! Luv that little bird.
I couldn't have said it better, WL.
Respected Contributor

On 9/10/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

Snickster, I'm sorry you misinterpreted my post. I wasn't being NASTY, that wasn't my point at all !

I'm just so blown away by the number of people who feel compelled to decorate with their cloche, which Lisa did make a big deal out of selling, and then they all posted pictures of it as if they were all bragging as if saying "Look at me, look at mine" ! Home decor items are sold all year long, but Lisa has gone overboard with her cloche item, as if it was a big push to get it out there. she wrote about it a lot, took pictures, and obviously stirred up a lot of publicity about it. More than usual items throughout the year or any holiday items. Now it's a contest almost.

I got tickled at the number of homes now that have new cloche's, which probably wouldn't, if Lisa hadn't done her big selling job ! They weren't cheap either ! So, she did her job well !! But I fail to see why everyone feels the need to get theirs advertised on the forums, almost like it's a contest to see who made the prettiest !

Trust me, I have NOTHING against decorating, I think it's nice as long as it's tasteful and not overdone, certainly not like the Griswold's.

My thoughts are more about human nature, societal trends, marketing, and the results of electronic trends and sales, and Lisa's ability to sell a certain item, more than you think it was a NASTY attack on any particular person.

I guess if you can't relay an opinion without people being able to hear emotion, voice inflection, etc., your personality isn't going to come across as you intended it to. My bad. Sorry.

But I still think it's funny! Smile{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Fair enough. Sorry if I took it the wrong way. I'm not into the cloche thing, either. How much do those go for, anyway?

You know, I'm not real sure of the price, I'm going on memory so I could be WAY off. Someone here enlighten me please. I thought they were somewhere in the $ 60.00 plus range, but I could be very wrong. They are pretty , if that is your desire.

I would croak if it was that expensive and I cracked it or broke it. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

P.S. BTW, Bandwagon.... I so agree with your statement about Nick and Alberti !!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

It's $35, but when you add the shipping and the tax, that'll easily bump it up to $50 or $60. Honestly, a person could just buy one of those oversized snifters (sp?) and fill it with nice things. Pretty expensive. I mean, what the OP posted is very nice....but a bit expensive.

Thanks for the compliment about my sig. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

On 9/10/2014 whitelinen said: Wow so rude. Think the junior high group has invaded the forum again. Lucy your cloche is very sweet. Sorry fr the nasty comment just put him/her on invisible status. I did! Luv that little bird.
How funny, I thought the same thing. Great job lucymo. I like the different shades of orange. Yesterday I was thinking I need more orange in my fall decor.
Honored Contributor

hopeQ1, no I didn't post the picture to start a contest, just interested in what others are doing with theirs. I enjoy doing a lot of crafts and I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone. I'm not offended by other's comments or opinions, we all have our likes and dislikes. I had cloches before Lisa sold these, so no, she didn't start the trend. I did post the picture since so many bought hers though. Have a nice evening, everyone.

Valued Contributor

I was thinking the same thing, whitelinen. So rude. It's good to always remember what your mom told you. If you cannot say something nice, then don't say anything at all. Trite, maybe, but true. Smile

Lucy, I am happy to see that you are having fun with your beautiful Lisa cloche. I think we all started calling it that, because we have not seen anything like it out in the marketplace. Yes, there are many cloches available in many online stores, but none with a mirror that I have seen. No harm giving Lisa some credit, even if she didn't come up with the idea. Maybe management said "Here, put your name on this and sell it." That's fine. It's a nice, unique item. I'm okay with that. In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?

Honored Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Krimpette said:

Does it have to be "Lisa's cloche"? Wouldn't any cloche from a craft store work the same?

No, it doesn't matter where you buy them. Some are antique that were used to protect tender plants from the elements. I have some from other stores and they are fun to work with if you like to do that sort of thing.

Edited to say No, not yes. It doesn't matter.......