Super Contributor

has anyone tried Kringle candles? I received a beautiful jar holder from Yankee Candle which I want to use.Unfortunately, my crossroad and Goose Creek candles are too big. Yankee has gone down hill as far as I'm concerned, but I've heard good thins about Kringle candles. Was thinking about buying one of their Christmas scents> Can anyone tell me their experience with Kringle candles. Thank you

Frequent Contributor

Re: Kringle Candles

[ Edited ]
I ordered one a few years ago because I was not happy with YC. I thought maybe since Kringle Candle had originally started the YC company that their candles would be like the old YC that burned well and gave a strong throw BUT nope they are just as bad. I have since give up on candles and I don't really miss them. Now that I think about it my allergies have improved by about 99%.
Trusted Contributor

@poohbear1 If you go to YouTube and search for Kringle Candle reviews, you'll see many people reviewing them.

Honored Contributor

Someone on these boards (can't remember who) recommended them here a couple of years ago, and I tried one.

I thought they were much like the old Yankee from back in the day when the Kringle founder's father owned Yankee.

I find them to be much cleaner burning, have a nice throw, and they don't give me a headache like a lot of candles today do.

I can't compare them to Slatkin, because I never cared for the Bath and Body works candles smell back in the day when he was the one doing those, so I never tried the Slatkin from here, either in the past or now that he's back.

I can say that to me, Kringle are much better than today's Yankee, have more lasting fragrance than Swan Creek, have a more pure smell than Bath and Body works of any generation that I ever smelled, have a richer smell than Crossroads (we live near their plant, and I just can't get into most of their scents), burn cleaner than most candles, and I'd highly recommend trying one. 

They aren't cheap, and don't have the impressive sales that Yankee does, but I like them a lot.

Trusted Contributor

I have been using Kringle Candles sporadically in the last 5 years or so.  I find them to be very nice!  However, there are only certain scents I like; some don't smell very good to me at all.

I mostly use their wax melts.  I stock up on them during their after Christmas sale every year.  I buy the ones I love (Lemon Rind, Coconut Pineapple, Baker's Vanilla) and then try a few new ones that I'm interested in.  The melts are fantastic and I can use them for two full days before they lose their scent.

I have also purchased a few of the candles and they have been very nice.  However, I mostly stick to their wax melts.

They have a new line called, "Country Candle."  It's an ode to their original family candle recipes when they owned Yankee.  I have watched some reviews on YouTube and they have all been favorable.  They are saying that they are very strong, which is a good thing.  Kringle has also put double wicks in those jars, which is something Yankee doesn't do in their "regular" large jars.  I think that's part of the problem with YC right now.

I think you should try Kringle.  Start off with something simple, like the wax melts.  If you like those, try a candle.  They are pricey, but nice.

Super Contributor

thank you for your input..I actually ordered one of the new Country Candles by Kringle-Jingle All the Way -for Christmas. reviews said it smelled similar to the original Christmas Eve by yankee (which i loved years ago) Hoping for the best- I'll review it when I get it-I too love the double wicks- no tunneling!

Respected Contributor

I love Kringle Candles and still love Yankee, but like every other candle company, you have to try different ones to find your favorites.  I like a strong throw too, but not everyone does, so it makes sense that they would have a few lighter scents in their line.

This summer, I found a Yankee scent that literally filled the house.  It is called Passion Fruit Martini and it's so nice.  I started a thread about it awhile ago and other posters agreed that it's a good one.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James