Honored Contributor

We absolutely fell in love with the readily available weathered barn wood in Montana and decided to use it for our center islands.

Honored Contributor

They had such a spacious kitchen to work with!  I like the switch-over in the remodel, from the 'ruddy' wood tones to a softer palette--  good move!   I also always like understated tailored shades in a kitchen.  Even though gray, silvery wood tones and whites are not my absolute faves in kitchens, I prefer them to the darker wood look.  So the all-important light feeling is enhanced.  

The beams they added look very good in context, and LOVE the wide-board, distressed floors.

Esteemed Contributor

What a change............love it!

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Remodel

[ Edited ]

Definitely an improvement over the original but I don't really love gray so the remodel would have to be a different color for me. And I don't really care for the drawers.  Where is the stove now I wonder?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I want that Wolf stove! And I love the wood floor boards.

Honored Contributor

What a makeover! It's beautiful! Love that stove as well, and the flooring and all of the windows, which make an already big room look huge!

Esteemed Contributor

Had to look twice at the island.  My mind can't cope with what looks likes a table cut in half 😄

Honored Contributor

gimmee, gimmee that island!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

The remodel is fresher, brighter and updated, but I can't say I find it particularly appealing. Strikes me as sort of bland. Someone spent a great deal and probably got what they wanted, but this seems like sort of a missed opportunity for a WOW of a kitchen, given the wonderful space.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

As much as I consider myself a minimalist at heart, I find this remodel to be a bit flat and unimaginative. 

Two things I know would not make the cut in my kitchen remodel--the extension on the island with "early American" legs and the banquette in the corner.

But where oh where did that beautiful stove go?❤️