Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Appliances - where did you buy yours?

[ Edited ]

My local Home Depot--just got a new dishwasher and a few years ago, a laundry pair. They delivered for free, took away my old appliances and installed my dishwasher. Also got the best prices there too. I did pay to have them take the old stuff away and install the dishwasher---

Valued Contributor

I buy all my appliances and televisons from Best Buy. Never have had a problem.

Respected Contributor

Christie's Appliance, a locally owned Tucson appliance store with 3 locations in town, that's been in business since 1956.

Honored Contributor

Lowe’s as much as possible, using my husbands military discount.

Trusted Contributor

Pacific Sales inside Best Buy - Bosch dishwasher.  Just installed yesterday.  Running a load now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sears for the Bosch diswasher and Kenmore range.  Bray and Scarf for the KitchenAide stainless steel refrigerator.  Both companies installed and the jobs went very well.  No complaints.....prices were good!  Live in suburban MD, just over DC line.....

Honored Contributor

In the past we have been Sears people, mostly because we needed to buy on credit, the extended warranty plans were good, and my brother in law worked for them. These days Sears is such a hot mess, I question whether or not that would be wise. 

My preference would be a local store, but I don't believe we have any anymore. 

I haven't really looked at Best Buy, We have bought a number of TV's there recently, and loved the help we got with all of those. I will definitely check there when the time comes for ours.

Respected Contributor

I bought everything on line.  My kitchen is like the United Nations.  My cooktop and hood are Italian, refrigerator is German and oven's company was originally from Spain.  The refrigerator, hood and oven were purchased A J Madison; my sink and faucet were from Overstock;  the dishwasher, a Kitchenaid 1/2 drawer; got brand new on e-Bay.  The cooktop purchased directly from the manufacturer.

I purchased all my appliances and the kitchen was designed around them.  Yes, it sounds crazy, but I knew I was going in the direction of a European sized kitchen.

Honored Contributor

We had always used a local appliance store. We wanted to support a local business. UNTIL they delivered our refrigerator. My husband suggested they go through the garage. It would have been an easy trip right into the kitchen.

The delivery guys wanted to used the front door and save some steps. They would rather deal with two turns to get to the kitchen. My husband said they had a rough time going around a built in bookcase and hall closet. We found out how rough months later.

They broke the kick plate trying to get the refrigerator into the kitchen. And said they would replace it. They never did. We called several times and finally gave up.

We had trouble with one kitchen outlet. We had an electrician come out twice. He replaced the outlet but the outlet was still blowing fuses. Finally called another electrician. He discovered the delivery men knocked off the light switch by the hall closet and just stuck it back in the wall. Of course they never mentioned it to my husband.

So much for using a local appliance store.

We also bought at Lowe's and we were not impressed. They showed up at 9:30PM to install our new dishwasher. And then gave use a very hard time. He threatened to not install the dishwasher. Because the water inlet/outlet was on the left side of the dishwasher and our water was on the right. He would have to use about an additional 3 feet of hose. My husband had a heated argument stating when we bought the dishwasher there were no special conditions for the installation. Besides the installation was additional money and nowhere on the contract was it stated that the dishwasher had to have water on a certain side. 

Then Mistake #2 we ordered a stove from Lowe's TWO times they put a dented stove on the truck for delivery. My husband took off work 2 days. The first time the delivery guy made my husband look at the dented stove before he took it off the truck. My husband called Lowe's and the manager said he would take $10 off. My husband said no way it was a big dent right in the front of the stove.

Then we waited another 2 weeks for the next stove. Also dented. Needless to say my husband was not happy.

So we bought our washer at Home Depot. The delivery was great. The guys hooked up the new washer and took the old. We were very pleased with the service. They delivered on time AND called us after the appliance was delivered and asked us if we were satisfied with the delivery and the purchase.

Respected Contributor

When I had the kitchen remodeled, I needed almost all new appliances. I used Howards and had no problems.