Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kitchen And Dining

[ Edited ]

@jubilant  Oooh, I love that.  I like a table in the kitchen. They accomplished that even though there is an island. Looks warm, cozy and inviting to me and that table can easily hold ten people if it had to.

Nice post. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen And Dining

[ Edited ]
  1. I've noticed on the program "Escape to the Country" which features beautiful homes for sale in Great Britian, that the combo kitchen and dining room seems to be prevalent.  They do it very nicely.  It gives a rather cozy feel to dining.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My "fresh, new designs" self says YESYESYESYES, but my Grandma of 4 Little Ones Self Says "Maybe 10 years from now".

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like 2 rooms to me.... table just outside kitchen.  Blue drapes on 

left and fancy wall pics on right.  Kitchen is all white.

Cozy...not to these eyes

Honored Contributor

I have no problem with it except the colors they chose.  The whole picture just looks old and yellowed and shabby to me because of the colors.

Give me some paint and new fabric and I'll have it wonderful soon!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor
I think it is beautifully done except for the wall with all of the pictures.
Honored Contributor

I have a living and dining room and I grew up in a house with both.  I love that look.  Actually there is an archway which separates the rooms.  

I do like this design shown in the picture.  The  dining table and chairs are lovely and I always like the look of drapes/curtains. I am not a fan of kitchen islands but in this case it works because of the space and placement of the dining set.  All in all it is very appealing.

Esteemed Contributor

I think these are lovely rooms. I like the look of the backsplash behind the range. It would be a nice kitchen and dinning space to have. 

My one change would be the drapes pooled on the floor. That is not a look I like for my own house as the bottom of the curtain can get dusty looking very quickly, doesn't work w/ pets or small children. (Learned the hard way. Smiley Happy ). 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Our kitchen/dr is a great room. This is similar to it and we really like it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man