Esteemed Contributor

King Size Sheets-which end is up?

I have a King Size Bed. King size beds are 72 inches wide by 75 inches long. putting fitted sheets on is always a challenge to figure out which way they go. Even though it's only a few inches if you don't get them right I find one end is too loose and the other too tight so they sometimes pop off the corners. Someone told me that you can tell which way they go because the manufacturers tag showing content should always be at the bottom left of the bed as you face the head of the bed from the foot. has anyone else heard this and know if it is true?
Honored Contributor

Re: King Size Sheets-which end is up?

I have owned a king bed for 40 years. The king mattress is 78 X 80 inches. So, basically it is more like a square. I find either direction my fitted sheets go on pretty much the same.

Esteemed Contributor

That is why I like striped sheets, I know how they go on!!

Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 KathyPet said: I have a King Size Bed. King size beds are 72 inches wide by 75 inches long. putting fitted sheets on is always a challenge to figure out which way they go. Even though it's only a few inches if you don't get them right I find one end is too loose and the other too tight so they sometimes pop off the corners. Someone told me that you can tell which way they go because the manufacturers tag showing content should always be at the bottom left of the bed as you face the head of the bed from the foot. has anyone else heard this and know if it is true?

That is what I had heard also, and it works for me.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 colliegirls said:

That is why I like striped sheets, I know how they go on!!

Cant stripes be either horizontal or vertical, LOL!!!!

Respected Contributor

Frustrating, isn't it!

Honored Contributor

Targets Threahold cotton sheets are marked, sides and top/ bottom

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I suggest trying them both ways, and deciding which is better. Put a small safety pin in a certain corner--then just remember what the pin means!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am going to look for the little tag next time I change sheets. Usually, I put the fitted sheet on whichever way it lands when I throw it down. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Once I got the correct fit, I used a indelible marking pen for the " foot ". --- this was written on the bottom of the fitted sheet in large letters. Works every time ! ! !
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill