Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Just last week I fell for the Barbara King Faux Moss animals on the Garden shows. Got the kitty and he is a cutie and it cost me $38. Today I went to T.J. Maxx and they had the Moss bunnies.....lots of them and really cute for $12-14. Sure enough when I got my tall bunny home he was as tall and nice as the kitty. I must be more careful about falling for stuff on QVC because sure enough similar items will show up in stores, much cheaper. They had some  bunnies dressed to the nines as cute as VPH was showing and at least half the price. I ordered VPH's 2 white sheep (sold out) and I betcha in time I will see very similar in the stores for way less. I am a slow learner and need to learn to shop around.

Esteemed Contributor

I was at Home Goods today. Not shopping for decor/ seasonal items, but thinking they had a ton of Easter & spring for every area of the house, no shipping and much lower prices than anything VPH.

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve seen them at TJs and they had some at Big Lots. I think they all come from China. The craft stores have lots of decorations. I shop around before buying.

Lately I have purchased Lladro figurines from a very upscale thrift store that sells second hand items. I just put out a cute Lamb that I found last year. 

People who are downsizing don’t want the silver and China or figurines any more. I’ve found Royal Copenhagen there and real Tiffany. At least the better items will hold value.

Valued Contributor

QVC has some nice things that I can't find locally,but home decor is as nice at T JMaxx, Home goods & Big lots. Much cheaper too!

Honored Contributor

I agree that I find some very similar QVC decor items at TJ for much less.

I buy a lot of Luminara candles and Jim Shore figurines for a lot less at my TJ too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@nomarNo kicking yourself allowed here.  I think that many of us have had this same experience.  

What you find at TJ may not be the exact item, but very similar, and a lot less expensive.  Plus, we get "exercise" walking around the store.

A double win-win.  Woman Wink

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

I see Q's things at the DRUG stores in my area.  Walgreens - etc.

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

I’ve seen them at TJs and they had some at Big Lots. I think they all come from China. The craft stores have lots of decorations. I shop around before buying.

Lately I have purchased Lladro figurines from a very upscale thrift store that sells second hand items. I just put out a cute Lamb that I found last year. 

People who are downsizing don’t want the silver and China or figurines any more. I’ve found Royal Copenhagen there and real Tiffany. At least the better items will hold value.

@1SnickersIt seems people are not collecting like they once did.  I have a lot of Fenton cranberry glass and no one really wants it.  I do collect Fiesta, but by collect, I mean things I can use like plates, bowls, mugs. etc.  I've really been purging and it is amazing all the stuff I have and want to get rid of!

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I was at Home Goods today. Not shopping for decor/ seasonal items, but thinking they had a ton of Easter & spring for every area of the house, no shipping and much lower prices than anything VPH.

I was so excited when a Home Goods store opened up in my area. After one or two visits I quickly became disenchanted.   It is so crowded with merchandise that you can't even move around to look at the products.    I'm sure it's just not run properly by management.   Before I give up completely with this chain I am going to visit another Home Goods in a different area of town and see if it is a nicer store.  

Before this Home Goods store moved in we had a Linen & Things in the same location.

I just loved that store and was so sorry when they closed.    In my opinion, that store was head and shoulders above Home Goods.  

Honored Contributor

I can't be bothered second guessing myself.  TJM/HG can be hit or miss.  I gave up trying to guess when the seasonal decor comes.  I go one week, nothing.  I ask is it coming soon, nobody knows.  Go back a couple weeks later, it's over picked.  I just assume buy something where ever when I see it.