Regular Contributor

I have had it with having to glue Jim Shore's poorly made Chinese crafted figurines together.  To fall 12 inches onto a thick carpeted floor and lose parts is insane.  We own Lladro, Royal Doulton, Disney Snowglobes, and Waterford pieces, all of which manufacturer has had a piece or two take a tumble.  Only Jim Shore items crack or break.  Never buying  from his line again.  Contacted customer service of his business over a week ago to tell of last broken item, and have been given no response.

Honored Contributor

They are made from a resin. I didnt realize it was so fragile.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Resin can be made to be quite tough.  It is stone afterall.

Honored Contributor

I've never had a Jim Shore piece break, and I've had them for many years.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I don't buy that stuff made in China.  Maybe they will get the hint one day and change.

Honored Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

Resin can be made to be quite tough.  It is stone afterall.

@giddy up. Most resins are made of polymer plastics. which is why they're so lightweight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I've never had a  piece fall, until recently.

Sad story - if you remember the auto delivery large pieces Jim offered as a TSV.

Halloween cat, Santa and Bunny (I canceled my bunny)

After Christmas I packed the Santa back in it's original box with styrofoam.

It fell off a high shelf in my hubby's shop - onto a concrete floor.

Santa shattered.  Sad me.

$$$$$$

Respected Contributor

I've had a few pieces of his crack or parts break off.  Mostly angels wings.  Not because they fall; it's because of how I pick them up.  If you have one that has parts sticking out that are fragile I would be very careful not to let them fall, "on anything".  All the reindeer I bought a few years ago have lost their antlers and had to be glued back on.  You can't expect everything to be safe.

Honored Contributor

I own many Jim Shore pieces and haven’t experienced any problems....knock on wood!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Jim Shore breaks easily

[ Edited ]

I really don't know of anything but wood, rubber or a metal that will not break if dropped onto a hard floor.  I have a nativity scene with the stable.  I think it is well made.  But if a piece fell onto a stone floor i am certain it would shatter.