Honored Contributor
Spoiler
Emma won only 3 Jeopardy games after beating James on Monday.  She lost tonight, and didn't look happy about it. 
"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Contributor

I think it shows how good James was. Emma was smart and quick on the buzzer, but she had two very good opponents. James had many good opponents through his run and didn't miss too many answers when he was betting big. I was always amazed when he came up with the right answer when he needed it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love Jeopardy (in fact, I am in the contestant pool and hope they call soon!) . . . but did you mean to post this thread in the TV and Movies forum? You'll probably get more of a conversation on this subject there than here.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

how exciting to be in the contestant pool for Jeopardy!  The closest I'd get is on my couch 😮😳😉

I hope you win big...I was on Wheel of Fortune -- it was a fun experience but intimidating too!

Here was the puzzle I missed:

_ING_ AND Q____N_

Answer: Kings and queens

So nervous I called the  letter F.   Omg what a dumb moment...🤷‍♀️🤔

I did get nice consolation prize (back in 83).

🤞🏻crossed you get the call!

Trusted Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:
Spoiler
Emma won only 3 Jeopardy games after beating James on Monday.  She lost tonight, and didn't look happy about it. 

She looked shell shocked the entire show......

Honored Contributor

Sorry folks.  I thought I posted this in TV and Movies thread.   Apparently I was checking Home thread postings and inadvertently posted here.  Thanks for the replies. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor
Just wondering if they would have accepted Guthrie as the Final Jeopardy answer. The initial "A" made her answer incorrect. Oh well, she earned a lot of money and didn't click with Alex or her opponents the way James did.
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
Just wondering if they would have accepted Guthrie as the Final Jeopardy answer. The initial "A" made her answer incorrect. Oh well, she earned a lot of money and didn't click with Alex or her opponents the way James did.

I think they would have.  During the regular rounds you can answer using just a surname.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @homedecor1! I'll bet Wheel of Fortune was really fun; everyone always seem to be having a good time no matter what happens.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Emma is smart.  But, I think James was just done.  He didn't seem himself on that episode.  He also didn't get the daily doubles. And, the man in the middle did pretty well too. The final wagers were strange too.  Emma only risked $20,000+.  If James bet it all, he would have won.  Instead he risked $1399.  Something was definitely off.

When Emma won, DH said "final wagers made no sense;  she'll only last 2-3 episodes."