Honored Contributor

Is CalKing the largest size?

I'm looking for a down comforter for a CalKing bed, but I want it to be large enough to hang over the sides.  Is there a size larger than CalKing? Can anyone recommend a good source?

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Is CalKing the largest size?

@house_cat.  YOU CAN GET THE MEASUREMENTS FOR ALL THE STANDARD SIZES OF BED COVERINGS  BY GOOGLING THEM.  ANYTHING ELSE WOULD BE CUSTOM MADE.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@house_cat California King is longer and skinnier. King is shorter and wider.  Maybe look for a comforter that says "oversized".

King_vs_California_King-01-scaled.jpg

Honored Contributor

A Cal King bed is an extra long queen size bed.

A king size bed is wider than a queen bed.  If you push two twin beds together, they equal the size of one king bed.

There is a Texas King bed which is bigger, as well as the Vermont and Wyoming and Alaskan king. I have never had to buy linens for these size, but you can Google oversized bedding to find some items.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @house_cat !  I have a cal king bed and use eastern king (80x76) quilts and bedspreads on it with no issue.  Cal king is not an elongated queen-it's a foot wider.

IMG_4795.png

Honored Contributor

My bed is actually two twin XL beds side by side.  I have a king size spread on it now and it doesn't even hang long enough to cover the boxspring.

Thanks to all who replied. I'm going to google all those terms, and note measurements.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just purchased a lightweight comforter for my son that is 112x104.  Surely somebody makes them!

Amazon has a couple 120x120.  Maybe more!