Honored Contributor

Re: Input Needed Please - Mantel Centerpiece

@ThinkingOutLoud   I use old books, wood pieces such as cutting boards (several staked to the needed height), candlesticks.  Are you able to post a picture of the item you want to highlight?

I decorate my mantle for most seasons, so I have done a lot of elevating, moving and finding new things to use...it's something I really enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud  When I was trying to figure out what  to do with my mantle, I went on-line for ideas. There was talk on this forum one day about asymmetry and symmetry in displaying one's mantle. I usually lean toward asymmetry in stuff I do.  I ended up doing the opposite. LOL This doesn't answer your question, but you already got a lot of good suggestions. Maybe check on-line just for fun.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Thanks all. It occurred to me late last night to try to contact the person who makes it and see if I can have something larger commissioned. 

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud   When I was decorating my mantel recently, I looked on Pinterest and Houzz.  I also got some good ideas here, but I posted pictures.  It's hard to give suggestions without any idea what you're talking about.  I understand if you want to keep it private, but it does make it impossible to give advice.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Hmmmmm... I guess the 'item' is a big secret... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...