Honored Contributor

We constructed an IKEA kitchen in our carriage house up at our cottage. (Its living quarters above the garage). We designed it and installed it completely by ourselves. It is gorgeous! Its just a kitchenette but has all the amenities. We are fortunate to have an IKEA 20 minutes away. But we will be moving up to our cottage full time in the summer so hopefully all of my IKEA buying is done since I'll be a few hours away then.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

I don't, but my brother put them in his house and they look great, IMO.

Respected Contributor

We're getting an IKEA in my city in 2016 and I can't wait. There was talk of one years ago but they were waiting for the metro population to approach 2 million before they'd build one and now they are. I think I'd consider an IKEA kitchen when the time comes.

Contributor
On 1/4/2015 nickycat said: Posh pairs, your kitchen sounds beautiful. Very affordable. I was also thinking of a medium brown. Why do you now wish you had gotten white? I was thinking that white would be so hard to keep clean.

I love the medium brown and bought because I was afraid the white would get too dirty, because of the small kitchen, which isn't an open space. But, I also think the white would make my kitchen look bigger. I'm in an older 1955 ranch house and my kitchen is on the north side of the house with only one window, so it's rather dark. But, I do love the medium brown. If I had to do all over again, now I would go for the gray. They are beautiful.

Honored Contributor
On 1/5/2015 Tyak said:

We're getting an IKEA in my city in 2016 and I can't wait. There was talk of one years ago but they were waiting for the metro population to approach 2 million before they'd build one and now they are. I think I'd consider an IKEA kitchen when the time comes.

If that their criteria, we'll never get one. The Albuquerque SMSA is only about one million.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment