Honored Contributor

Re: I may have fallen off the no spend theme

@lolakimono, did you see an SKU# for the rug at Home Depot? I looked at pages and pages or rugs and didn't fine it on their website. Thanks. I think the larger size might work better. Still debating this purchase.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

Check these-

Model # 308945 Internet #206395660 Orian Rugs Treasure Box Copper 7 ft. 10 in. x 10 ft. 10 in. Indoor Area Rug

Honored Contributor

Love the colors for your room, go for it!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7d/a1/3d/7da13d21238b588db47bae6cca55fa61.jpg

Honored Contributor

If that is going under a dining room table, I think it might be too small. It's a pretty rug.
Respected Contributor

@Snicks1  I say go big or go home.  You don't want your rug "floating" in the space if putting in living area.  Your furniture should anchor the rug.  

I made that mistake when getting a rug for my family room.  Luckily it came out in the larger size, so I moved the smaller to the dining area (not formal dining room).  The area is open between the family and dining areas, so they work together.  I even got the runner to go in the kitchen so it all ties together. 

I love to change rugs out every few years, since just one item can change the entire look of the room. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

The rug is lovely.

Spending money on your home is never a waste in my opinion. Go for it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone, I have ordered the larger one for the dining area. If I think it needs it I will order another for the living area. Thanks @lolakimona for the item number. From the descriptions on both sites, it appears to be the same rug, so I did order from Home Depot, they were a bit cheaper there, with about the same delivery time, and free shipping. I ordered a rug gripper from Amazon.
Honored Contributor

Oooh @Snicks1  too bad I don't do rugs in the kitchen.  The one you selected would match the backsplash/wall behind my cooktop.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

I really love the rug I might have to get for my living room looking for a new rug toput over wall to wall.  I have one know but it is 5 years old still looks good but new is better.

Honored Contributor

My rug came yesterday, I had checked tracking and it showed I should receive it on Monday, so I was surprised. Great delivery time! The rug gripper had came the day before. So, today I plan to shampoo the dining room carpet, so maybe by late today when the carpet will be dry I will lay the rug down. I have several other things planned for today so it may not happen till sometime tomorrow or Sunday.